• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Illuminated door entry guards for the Kadjar

17 posts in this topic

Has anyone bought and fitted the Kadjar Illuminated Door Entry Guards, part ref 8201452090?

Can they be DIY fitted or is it a dealer fit? If it's a dealer fit, how much did it cost?

I saw a Kadjar fitted with them in my loccal dealer's showroom but the staff had no idea about the answers to my questions. They said the car came from ther PDI operation in Southampton with the guards already fitted.

My car is a Signature s

:) HI   Ordered ours with car so came fitted BUT not sure but think they come with sticky on back  and I believe they are battery powered  that is to say they have there own battery fitted and a magnetic switch so no wiring  also only stay on for a short while if door is left open,  should be easy DIY  fit  I would think 

Have a peep on e-bay seen some on there ( NEW )

J.C.

Hi Harald

Unfortunately, I can't help with your query but could you answer a couple for me?!

I have just ordered my Kadjar, also a Signature S Nav in Titanium.     Mine will be a petrol automatic.

Could I ask how long your car took to arrive from order?   Is yours diesel or petrol, manual or automatic?

Would you let us know what you think of the car after a few drives?

Many thanks

Candy

Hi Candy

My Kadjar is a nearly new which I bought from Renault Retail in Enfield so I had no delivery wait. I replaced a VW Passat CC, 2 litre auto which was a very differnt car but it was an 11 plate with 111k miles on the clock and I felt there was scope for major stuff to go wrong.

My Kadjar is a Signature S automatic with the 1.5l diesel engine. So far I've done about 250 miles in the 2 weeks that I've had it, this included a 100 mile motorway trip, and so far I'm very pleased with the car. My average fuel consumption is 52mpg which I think is good for the sort of short trips that I have also done. It's a good comfortable drive, sufficiently quick off the mark when required and I like the auto gearbox. The VW had a similar dual clutch box which I liked and far prefer the box to a torque converter auto. Any passengers that I've carried have commented favourably on the comfort of the ride and drive.

Mine is Flame Red and I had the Gen-3 paint prtection done as part of the deal - the car certainly looks spectacular after that treatment.

Hope this helps

Regards

Herald

Has anyone bought and fitted the Kadjar Illuminated Door Entry Guards, part ref 8201452090?
Can they be DIY fitted or is it a dealer fit? If it's a dealer fit, how much did it cost?
I saw a Kadjar fitted with them in my loccal dealer's showroom but the staff had no idea about the answers to my questions. They said the car came from ther PDI operation in Southampton with the guards already fitted.
My car is a Signature s

I have mine already fitted. The plates themselves are not stuck-on; they have lips which snap into little grooves and are best secured by a thump of your closed fist. The magnet, which switches them on and off, is placed on the bottom of the door so that, when opened, passes across the light strip. Heres a tip: snap the fitting into place first. Then place the magnet on top of the strip so the the light comes on. It only works if it passes across a certain section. Now close the door. The magnet will attach itself to the bottom of the door in exactly the right spot. If your magnet is in a little holder which has a sticky back, just ditch it and use the magnet alone as the sticky pad will eventually fall off. Mine did, which is how I know to to best fit it back on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi  Would anyone know how to change the battery in the renault plates? i had mine when i purchased the car but one stopped working.. they do indeed clip on and off, but cant find the batteries. thanks in advance.

HI       Have you checked if small magnet is still attached to bottom of door and not just plastic  carrier one post suggests they sometimes drop out / off bottom of door 

J.C.

Hi  Would anyone know how to change the battery in the renault plates? i had mine when i purchased the car but one stopped working.. they do indeed clip on and off, but cant find the batteries. thanks in advance.

Have you checked the magnet is still in place under the door??

On 24/01/2017 at 9:05 PM, Opsadaisy said:

Have you checked the magnet is still in place under the door??

the magnet turns it off not on? no magnet over it it should stay on.. changed batteries still no luck.

HI  As you say magnet turns it off    BUT  does it reset timer as they turn themselves off after a couple of mins and if magnet does not turn them off  ie leave door open they do not come back on   just a thought  I would make sure magnet is fitted and if possible test with a separate magnet  now all this said what about renault  warranty  ????????  dealer :huh:

J.C. :D

the magnet turns it off not on? no magnet over it it should stay on.. changed batteries still no luck.

The magnet turns it on as it crosses the light. Look under the door and check it's still in place.