• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Anti- Slip Facility
3 3

37 posts in this topic

This may sound like a daft question, but on my older Scenic there was a button to press that brought the anti-slip facility into action.

Very handy on slippery hills etc.

Does the Kadjar have something similar, because I cannot find the button that my early Scenic had and we're expecting heavy snow?

gael.

do u mean traction controll? my 16 grand scenic had a button to turn it off - as it was set to be on unless switched off - did it look like this?

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

5c653f10c36c2289b034a5fff6e0776e.png

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

16 hours ago, gael33 said:

This may sound like a daft question, but on my older Scenic there was a button to press that brought the anti-slip facility into action.

Very handy on slippery hills etc.

Does the Kadjar have something similar, because I cannot find the button that my early Scenic had and we're expecting heavy snow?

gael.

I think the feature you are asking about is on by default . Unless you are thinking of the "Grip Extend " feature which was on the Scenic Xmod .

Early brochures showed this option on the Kadjar but I don't believe it was available in the UK

HI   Do not know anything  about extended grip but on our 4x4 coin slot houses 4 wheel drive wheel ie 2wheel drive on call 4 wheel drive  or locked 4 wheel drive ( hope it snows soon )   :rolleyes:

J. C.

But I think both Gael and I were looking for the traction control disable switch, which can be very useful when stuck in snow. It seems to omitted on most models?

Is the connection behind the blanking plate and its just the case of buying the button?

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Unless they've removed it from the so called MKII Kadjar it's here lower right of steering wheel  ;-

Section 1.53 of the handbook position 15

Controls for:

– electric headlight beam adjustment;

– lighting dimmer for control instruments;

– lane departure warning,

– ESP and Traction Control system.

I checked my Kadjar this morning and it doesn't have the traction control button! When we got the car it was the top of the range Kadjar, so little disappointed. Besides that I absolutely love the car!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI    OURS IS SIG NAV 4X4  ORDERED OCT 2015 DELIVERED MARCH 2016  WITH OPTIONAL SAFETY PACK  PREMIUM  AND BECAUSE OF THIS IT HAS A SWITCH DOWN UNDER,  ONE SWITCH AND TWO BLANKS, THE SWITCH IS NOT for traction control but to turn OFF automatic emergency braking system (not to be confused with  ABS or EBD which are fitted as standard ) by the way turns itself off  when system detects cold and or slippery conditions suppose not a good idea  to apply max braking on snow for instance which is what this system is all about  emergency braking. Also I cannot find any reference to traction control in the advertising brochure  version 2015. Must add I have not looked in car manual it is out side and it is  cold out there 

J.C.:mellow: Update it seems the above switch is to turn off e.s.p or at least thats what it says on  dash when pressed  not as above   sorry for any confusion, it shows as car about to crash bottom right on dash 

Edited by J C
correction

In the R-Link 2 Quick Guide which came with our car (Sig Nav) there is a section under "Driving Assistance" which says you can set a list of 8 items, including Traction Control.

Went to car to check and only found about 4, Traction Control was one of the missing ones.

Any have a full list on their R-Link?

In the R-Link 2 Quick Guide which came with our car (Sig Nav) there is a section under "Driving Assistance" which says you can set a list of 8 items, including Traction Control.
Went to car to check and only found about 4, Traction Control was one of the missing ones.
Any have a full list on their R-Link?

Mine says the same pal

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

3 minutes ago, CraigPur said:

You manage to find a button??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There always was a button on mine to switch ESC off , on the front to the right of the steering wheel . I didn't have a 4 X 4 so there was no other button for traction control