• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Dash Cam
4 4

17 posts in this topic

Hi there.

Has anyone fitted a hardwired dashcam to their Renault Kadjar please

the following was a reply I received back today from Renault in Swansea in relation to a question asked about the location of the Rear Wiper fuse so I could piggyback to it so my camera would become live with the ignition on.

Would appreciate someones response please

Thank you for your enquiry, unfortunately your rear wiper works on a CAN system so you would not be able to link and wiring in, as this may cause damage to your main computers on your vehicle, something like this would have to be wired in correctly fused from the battery.

This is something that a Renault dealer would not be able to do as we could not change the vehicle in any way from standard, as this could void your warranty.

Kind Regards

Simon Fennell

After Sales Manager

7 hours ago, Pentris said:

I have had a Nextbase 412G dashcam fitted by Halfords, no problems as they piggybacked an existing feed that goes off after ignition is stopped and driver door is opened.

After speaking to Renault in France today. They told me that as I was fitting something to the car that didn't come direct from them as a standard piece of factory fitted kit If anything went wrong with the computer that operates the electrics while the car was still under warranty with them they could assume that the issue was caused by   in my case the hardwireing of a foreign body to their system.

So I suggested to them that all motor vehicles should have a facility ready on them in future as there are a terrific amount of people who wish to install cameras in this way as they use the 12v supply to charge their phones !!!.                                                                                      As for Halfords it is our duty to tell them there is warranty on a vehicle not theirs to ask if they are told then they will suggest not to do it.  Whichever way Renault are going to put the onus on the customer

12 hours ago, chas said:

After speaking to Renault in France today. They told me that as I was fitting something to the car that didn't come direct from them as a standard piece of factory fitted kit If anything went wrong with the computer that operates the electrics while the car was still under warranty with them they could assume that the issue was caused by   in my case the hardwireing of a foreign body to their system.

So I suggested to them that all motor vehicles should have a facility ready on them in future as there are a terrific amount of people who wish to install cameras in this way as they use the 12v supply to charge their phones !!!.                                                                                      As for Halfords it is our duty to tell them there is warranty on a vehicle not theirs to ask if they are told then they will suggest not to do it.  Whichever way Renault are going to put the onus on the customer

No surprise there ;)

I have installed a 312gw nextbase cam using lighter socket plug as dont want to risk warranty issue along with paying extea £20 for a hard wire kit.

2e202acc042bac38b81c19eacfa4498d.jpg

all the cable is tucked away without removing any trim panels

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

so as an idea for you all this is what i did :

Put the camera on the mount and make sure the windscreen is clean next to the sensor box from the passenger side.

plug camera into socket and switch it on to see that when you mount it there is good area of vision.

Once the mount is attached securely to the window then remove the camera.

you will see a plastic lump on the cable - move it further down the lead buy moving the wore through it until it is nearly by the door apex cover in the roof lining. I gently pushed the lump into the headlining so the wire is now plugged into unit and the platic lump is holding it up. work your way back towards the mount pushing the wire into the headlining by the windscreen.

As you reach the section where the plastic trim goes down the window the very top bit can slide down to expose wire. behind the rear view mirror follow the lead that goes into it and the plastic cover pops off (be gentle!)

run the wire down and out of the same gap where the wire goes to the rear view mirror.

Now go back to the door pillar cover and pull it gently to tuck the wire round the top and so it goes down the inside of the black door seal.

I just tucked the wire all the way down the inside of the door seal until it reaches below the glove box. Look underneath and gently tuck the wire in.

Next is the fiddly bit (at this point u should quite a bit of wire left

Look under the dash at floor level as if you want to look behind the centre console. I felt with my had a gap so fed the cigarette lighter part in from the passenger footwell and it popped out the drivers side behind the pedals on the floor. I then ran it up to the cig lighter and plugged it in - put ignition on and check camera works.

The excess wire was pulled into the passenger footwell and tucked behind the floor lining so you cant see a thing.

I know its alot of info but in all honesty it took me 20min tops from unboxing to install.

avoided the hardwire route based on if Renault find an excuse then they will use it.

Hope this is of some help, if you want some more pics let me know

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

It may well be that Halfords connected to the 12v socket fuse in which case it would be the same as plugging into the 12V socket. Renault are no different to all company warranties, they resist all responsibility if there should be a claim.

27 minutes ago, Pentris said:

It may well be that Halfords connected to the 12v socket fuse in which case it would be the same as plugging into the 12V socket. Renault are no different to all company warranties, they resist all responsibility if there should be a claim.

I have installed it now into the 12 socket. Still managed to hide all the wireing in the  headlining the pillar and the last bit before it went under the glove box. in the door seal.fed it through into the drivers side and up to the socket pulled the slack back and hid it all under the carpet footwell in passenger side.. Looks good and took 15 mins tops. 

Hi there.
Has anyone fitted a hardwired dashcam to their Renault Kadjar please
the following was a reply I received back today from Renault in Swansea in relation to a question asked about the location of the Rear Wiper fuse so I could piggyback to it so my camera would become live with the ignition on.

Would appreciate someones response please

Thank you for your enquiry, unfortunately your rear wiper works on a CAN system so you would not be able to link and wiring in, as this may cause damage to your main computers on your vehicle, something like this would have to be wired in correctly fused from the battery.

This is something that a Renault dealer would not be able to do as we could not change the vehicle in any way from standard, as this could void your warranty.

Kind Regards

Simon Fennell

After Sales Manager

Are you fitting the dash cam on the back window?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your offer of help.It was to be fitted to the front and with a-d-e help all is now working and fitted 
Cheers 
Chas

I have taped up the shiny silver on the camera along with buying a CPL filter and found the right position and taped it to the end - this removes the reflection from the windscreen and improves picture clarity - just like the nextbase 512 dash cam

bd2d329e724b5b08973900159b784356.jpg

099c99f755a7a43a504a57c19f667dde.jpg

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

What would be nice is if someone was to manufacture a cpl filter in a fitting that fit like a glove over the existing camera lens.It would also add as protection for those who wanted to take their camera out at night and put it in a case

What would be nice is if someone was to manufacture a cpl filter in a fitting that fit like a glove over the existing camera lens.It would also add as protection for those who wanted to take their camera out at night and put it in a case

I spent some time looking into it and due to the way the 312 nextbase cam is made there is no thread for the cpl lens on the outside casing to screw onto. I measured the width of the 312 cam lens and it measured 25mm - The filter i have attached is 24mm wide but have to tape it on as there is no other way

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

2 hours ago, a-d-e said:

I spent some time looking into it and due to the way the 312 nextbase cam is made there is no thread for the cpl lens on the outside casing to screw onto. I measured the width of the 312 cam lens and it measured 25mm - The filter i have attached is 24mm wide but have to tape it on as there is no other way emoji58.png

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

2 hours ago, a-d-e said:

I spent some time looking into it and due to the way the 312 nextbase cam is made there is no thread for the cpl lens on the outside casing to screw onto. I measured the width of the 312 cam lens and it measured 25mm - The filter i have attached is 24mm wide but have to tape it on as there is no other way emoji58.png

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

will you not lose some field of view. I would have thought you may find it vignette around the edges

will you not lose some field of view. I would have thought you may find it vignette around the edges

i thought that but its fine! need too see proper footage in a pc but no issue so far

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Thanks chas just done the same as you with fitting a Nextbase 412 dash cam all wires hidden away.on the drivers side footwell did you put the cable behind the trim or buy self adhesive clips.