• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Condensation inside car
2 2

24 posts in this topic

Is anyone else getting bad condensation on the inside of the front windscreen?

For the last week or so the front screen just wont clear inside, i have to wipe it over with a cloth, it then leaves droplets all over the screen and a soaking wet cloth.

Never had this with any other car.

I've seen a few posts about internal condensation, but I must be one of the lucky ones (again). If anything, I've had less condensation in the Kad than in most other cars I've driven (grabs large piece of wood) and the screen demister is reasonably effective in dealing with the small amount that does crop up. Stev O/Ulfire - did you have the condensation problem from the outset or did it get worse over time?

If the problem persists and the Halfords kit doesn't work, I'd recommend having a look at a site that does caravan/motorhome accessories. With my motorhome, condensation is always an issue (with two people sleeping inside + showers & cooking) so I have several units that can be plugged in to dry out the absorbent crystals when they get waterlogged. I've found them to be very effective.

12 minutes ago, MikeB said:

I've seen a few posts about internal condensation, but I must be one of the lucky ones (again). If anything, I've had less condensation in the Kad than in most other cars I've driven (grabs large piece of wood) and the screen demister is reasonably effective in dealing with the small amount that does crop up. Stev O/Ulfire - did you have the condensation problem from the outset or did it get worse over time?

If the problem persists and the Halfords kit doesn't work, I'd recommend having a look at a site that does caravan/motorhome accessories. With my motorhome, condensation is always an issue (with two people sleeping inside + showers & cooking) so I have several units that can be plugged in to dry out the absorbent crystals when they get waterlogged. I've found them to be very effective.

From the outset mine gathered more condensation than my previous or present car . The same as the lack of ability to clear the windows by winding them up and down .

The former was totally cured by using the dehumidifier . The latter by changing the car ;)

The thing to remember is......if you do wipe your windows with a cloth that ends up being wet....make sure you remove the wet cloth from the closed vehicle otherwise you can end up with the moisture evaporating back inside the vehicle and condensing on the windows again......I know its common sense but it amazes me how many people do this!...This also goes for wet coats hats etc etc...

I find that a blast on the aircon soon moves any internal windscreen condensation.

TC

As im in wales both cars suffer at the moment from condensation die to wet mats etc - im not keen on wiping the glass as once dry it leaves more of a mess! Just heater kn full thwack and air con to remove the moisture also.

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

while on the subject - does anybody know how to remove the condensation stains from the inside of the windscreen. Cant see it when clear but if i use window cleaner to wipe inside window it shows water marks - where it must have been sitting for a while at dealers.

Any products that will lift that??

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

I use Windowlene to clean the inside of my windows - buff really dry with paper towels - then buff the "dry" window again.

That said I very rarely wipe the inside of the windscreen to clear condensation and do try to be patience and let the demister work

13 hours ago, ulfire said:

Ah but you don't live in damp and misty Wales :P

True enough - we live in the far-eastern flatlands about a mile from a place that was recorded for several years as the driest place in England. It isn't unusual to hear of the west country suffering heavy rainfall and/or flooding at the same time that our garden needs regular hosing to keep things alive - that's true most years, actually.

2 hours ago, a-d-e said:

As im in wales both cars suffer at the moment from condensation die to wet mats etc - im not keen on wiping the glass as once dry it leaves more of a mess! Just heater kn full thwack and air con to remove the moisture also.

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

The dehumidifier I gave the link to ,works well . When it's wet put it on a radiator ( not the car's :) ) to dry it and use again . I found that after initial use the car didn't suffer condensation so much , as if it had taken every drop of moisture out of the car . Use the aircon to demist . Aircon works best when ECO mode is off 

The dehumidifier I gave the link to ,works well . When it's wet put it on a radiator ( not the car's  ) to dry it and use again . I found that after initial use the car didn't suffer condensation so much , as if it had taken every drop of moisture out of the car . Use the aircon to demist . Aircon works best when ECO mode is off 

eco mode off hay - now i didnt think about that!

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Eco mode is the most useless bit of kit on the Kadjar - makes the car undriveable on country roads. I am convinced it actually makes the mpg worse as you just end up working the car harder to keep it going

16 hours ago, Kingy said:

I am having the same problem, but am I missing something why are you not putting pressure on the dealership. 

It has only started a few weeks ago so I wanted to check if others were having similar problems before i make any contact with dealers, as i hate dealing with them. And as it turns out it's a fault of the car not with the car. Plus i haven't had the condensation for the last couple of days.

Did you take yours back to the dealer?

16 hours ago, Slider said:

Eco mode is the most useless bit of kit on the Kadjar - make the car undriveable on country roads> I am convinced it actually makes the mpg worse have you just end up working the car harder to keep it going

100% agree. Mine's now off permanently.

I don't think you'll get anywhere taking it to the dealer . I think it's just the nature of the Kadjar . Mine did gather condensation more readily than other cars I've had but , in all fairness , it cleared quickly with the AirCon as long as ECO mode was off  . As Slider said earlier , I found it best to leave it off permanently as the car didn't pull as well on the hills and it didn't make any difference to the fuel economy . Tried it 1000 miles on, 1000 miles off fuel economy was still about 56.4 mpg in each case