• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Engine Oil Level Rises + Smell of Petrol
3 3

46 posts in this topic

I'v only done 600miles in my Kadjar so far and I'm only getting 28mpg (1.2 TCE 130 Stop&Start).
I checked the oil and it does smell of petrol. Iv not had long runs in the car so maybe it just needs a good blast down the motorway.
I'v come from a 1.5 dci Megane getting 50MPG, so this is a big drop in MPG for me.

Does 28MPG sound about right? Or does it take a good few hundred miles to give a proper reading?

It depends on many aspects. Short run or start and stop many times on traffic lights, often cold engine, push too much and changing gear too late, braking without engine support and many others.
My average fuel consumption is about 40mpg now but I made only 560 miles so far. I hope it will be better after 600 miles and the best after 2000 miles when the engine as Renault says will be in the optimum condition.

I have a question for you.
Can you find anyone on here that says the ECO button does actually aid economy

Testing period has been progress for last fueling.
I will keep all of you posted.

I think that elongation oil change time it's a marketing job. Great looks on paper. In cars I had so far I change engine oil and filter once a year or ca. 10000-12000 km/6500 miles. I think that owner's guide which shows 20000, 30000, 45000 km it's simply catch a customer for guarantee period but what after that?

On ‎2017‎.‎03‎.‎18‎. at 6:38 PM, zoli said:

Testing period has been progress for last fueling.
I will keep all of you posted.

ECO button Works in case of Daily short commute (max. 10-15 km per day, 5 km per travel):

ON: 8.35 L/100km

OFF: 11.26 L/100km

(Fueling at the same petrol station at the same pump.)

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/770317.html