• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Turbo blown
4 4

19 posts in this topic

My wonderful Dyn S Nav is off the road - at the dealers. The turbo has blown! It was first one ordered in N. Ireland - possibly UK - on morning ordering was opened up. Started with a whine, during acceleration, which I reported to dealer after a couple of days. They were to take it in 2 days later but sadly it blew the next day! So if you get a high pitched whine during acceleration take it to dealer quick! Car has just under 15,000 miles. Hope this isn't a portent of things to come for other owners - hope it's just my bad luck!

14 hours ago, ulfire said:

Really is bad luck then .. the reason I asked if it was petrol is that the engine specs only mention power turbo for the petrol . Obviously the diesel would have some sort of turbo too .

Hope they sort it quickly for you

Thx. Dealer, Donnelly and Taggart of Ballymena (NI), has been very good - as always. They have given me a virtually new diesel Kadjar (S Nav) as a courtesy car - just over 1,000 miles on the clock. Currently no turbos in stock - have to contact them tomorrow for an update.

On 19.12.2016. at 7:40 PM, timbo said:

My wonderful Dyn S Nav is off the road - at the dealers. The turbo has blown! It was first one ordered in N. Ireland - possibly UK - on morning ordering was opened up. Started with a whine, during acceleration, which I reported to dealer after a couple of days. They were to take it in 2 days later but sadly it blew the next day! So if you get a high pitched whine during acceleration take it to dealer quick! Car has just under 15,000 miles. Hope this isn't a portent of things to come for other owners - hope it's just my bad luck!

Timbo, sorry to read this. I hope that you are solving the problem under warranty. Which engine do you have?

48 minutes ago, blueBerry said:

Timbo, sorry to read this. I hope that you are solving the problem under warranty. Which engine do you have?

Yes - dealer/Renault fixing under warranty. I have the dci130 engine - car is 4wd version.

Got my car back on Wednesday 4th Jan. Everything fixed. Something at the entrance to the turbo went - not too sure what. Car back to normal. Shining like a new pin inside and out with that 'new car' smell. Thanks to dealer, Donnelly and Taggart, for cleaning car so well and for their excellent service. Looked after insurance transfer to courtesy vehicle and also extension when repair was delayed due to lack of available turbo.

The RAC came out to mine this morning and they think it's the turno gone. Started making a noise yesterday then had trouble getting home. It's been taken to my local Renault dealer. Seems love key this could be another problem. The funny thing is that it was booked in next week to fix new alarm because it keeps going off.  

4 weeks left to go on my warranty and looks like a turbo problem for my 1.6 4WD Kadjar too. Started making a noise this morning going to Sanremo from Cannes. Got progressively loader on the way back. 

In to Renault Monday. Due to go home on Wednesday (7 hour drive). Might be extending my holiday.