• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Brake Pads Worn
5 5

14 posts in this topic

Had my 2016 Kadjar, registered at end of January, in for a service today. I know it is a little early for a service but the media unit (rlink) was being replaced so killed two birds with one stone.

Anyway I got a call from the dealer telling me my rear brake pads are 90% worn and require replacing. The car is 11 months old and has 21,000 km on the clock. Majority of my driving is on motorways so braking is at a minimum for most journeys.

The front are 30% worn. The dealer provided me with a video of the service and this shows them worn. Screenshots attached from the video of front & rear brake pads.

It doesn't seem correct that they are worn this much. Has anyone else had this issue with their brake pads? This seems to me to be very very quick to wear which makes me think it is an issue with the car. Something along the lines of the pad rubbing as I drive. 

front_brake_pad.png

rear_brake_pad.png

2 minutes ago, ulfire said:

I had mine serviced on 11000 miles no issues with the brakes 

Which is what I would expect. I got 3 years and approx 65000km on my Fluence before changing the rear pads. And I am doing the same journey.

Seems odd, I've just had a service at 18000 miles, mainly motorway driving, brake pads/discs marked as green (good). Usually the front pads go first, as they do all the work. Is there a chance the brakes are not releasing properly or the pad material is soft? I usually have to replace the pads and discs as they wear together, a reflection on how thought the pads are!

Contacted Renault Ireland this morning and the car is going in for investigation tomorrow to see why the brake pads are worn. 

As I said above I feel the pads are rubbing and this is being caused by the Electronic handbrake not fully releasing.

35 minutes ago, ulfire said:

It would seem to be the case that the handbrake isn't fully releasing . After all. as Funjet said earlier , I'd expect the front pads to wear more quickly than the rears

Agreed and that is what Renault Ireland said aswell. Will see what happens tomorrow when it is in.  

Dee    0

Just wondering how you got on with the investigation? My Kadjar is just under 2 years old and has 35,000 km on it. I have zero brake pad on rear left and 80% on the right rear. Grinding sound from left rear and dealer won’t look at the car for 10 days. So annoyed as don’t feel the car is safe. I have suggested it’s a problem with the caliper hydraulics but they are saying it’s normal ware and tear....  appalling

3 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Given the pad is down to the metal it isn't safe and  you certainly shouldn't be driving it. It does have a fault, something that seems to be getting more common as the Kadjar gets a little older. Strange thing is as an ex qashqai owner I don't recall the same issue on that forum.

Getting them to accept it as a warranty issue is going to be down to how helpful your dealer is, (not looking good so far), and how strongly you can argue your case.

If you weren't told the car isn't safe after reporting it, that would be part of my argument with them, to have to be told that on a forum is ridiculous.

I had to have my rear pads changed at back the rear right drivers side was the worest  after 2 wks noise back again went back to dealership and they changed the disks I had only 28,000 kilometers hope this sort the problem

My Renault has 25,600Km and at last service renault said that the rear DIscs were gone and the Pads were worn 70% with a cost to replace just below 500 euro. Ended up contacting Renault Europe they said they would Pay 75% of cost . I am still not happy . Cars Brake in a ratio of 70 in the front and 30% rear the front discs are fine and also 25,000km is nothing for a set of Pads not to mind discs . It has to be a problem with the automatic handbrake. i'm waiting for Renault to get back to me the Kadjar is 2016.

More than 25,000 Renaults have been recalled because of a braking issue

A spokesperson for the company has said that it is not a “stop driving your car immediately” issue.

By Michael Sheils McNamee Saturday 27 Jun 2015, 1:08 PM
Jun 27th 2015, 1:08 PM 19,643 Views 36 Comments
Share70 Tweet26 Email22
river?version=2185437&width=1340
Image: Shutterstock/JuliusKielaitis
shutterstock_228301597-390x285.jpg
Image: Shutterstock/JuliusKielaitis

FRENCH CAR MANUFACTURER Renault has recalled more than 27,000 vehicles after discovering a fault with the braking system installed in some of its cars.

The recall notice relates to the Renault Captur model with a fault being discovered that could potentially affect the efficiency of the mini-SUV model.

Cars produced in the UK and Ireland are affected, with around 1,400 of the models produce in Ireland between January 2013 and November 2014.

It has been discovered that wheel arch liners had been positioned incorrectly, causing them to rub against the brake nose in the car.

The vehicle has been produced since 2013 and won the ‘What Car? Best small SUV Less than £16,000′ in 2014.

A spokesperson from Renault was quoted as saying that the fault is “not a ‘stop driving your car immediately’ issue” and that prior to any problems emerging “drivers would be alerted to the problem by a warning light on the dashboard”.

On 2/19/2018 at 5:15 PM, Tony O Diamond said:

My Renault has 25,600Km and at last service renault said that the rear DIscs were gone and the Pads were worn 70% with a cost to replace just below 500 euro. Ended up contacting Renault Europe they said they would Pay 75% of cost . I am still not happy . Cars Brake in a ratio of 70 in the front and 30% rear the front discs are fine and also 25,000km is nothing for a set of Pads not to mind discs . It has to be a problem with the automatic handbrake. i'm waiting for Renault to get back to me the Kadjar is 2016.

Same here. Got the phone call from Renault UK saying that they can cover 40% of the expenses, but I'm not happy with it. Replacing discs and pads will not fix the problem. There must be a problem with brake calipers or automatic handbrake. Going back to dealership tomorrow.