• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

is this a rip off or what
2 2

50 posts in this topic

i have just been sent an email from peugeot. i used to have for six months one of there 3008 with the lets drive a boat automatic gearbox, it was total crap hence i got rid of it, i am however still on the mailing list, take a look at the rip off the kadjar, take a look see what you think but they must be worried about losing custom to renault.  

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/news/the-all-new-peugeot-3008-suv-carbuyer-car-of-the-year-2017/?utm_source=generic_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3008SUV#

More likely based on a Mitsubishi, Peugeot Ctroen have been grouped with them for ages. There was also talk of a joint venture with Opel. Let's face it if something sells other manufacturers take a look and do their version and the new Peugeot has been planned for a couple of years so I doubt one could call it a direct rip off. Peugeot seem to do pretty well across Europe, as do Renault.

Not a rip off of the Kadjar at all, this sector is the most popular sector in Europe at the moment, who can blame any manufacturer for wanting to get a slice of the pie.

You could argue that Peugeot where there first with the original 3008, anyway the Kumquat started it all off and everyone else followed.

I think it looks fantastic inside and does date the kadjar inside, this would be on a short list to replace wifes kadjar in the coming year.

That Peugeot has Apple CarPlay as standard on all its cars now is a big plus. Love the look of the 3008 too. Super chunky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I was an idiot!
After 10 years of Peugeot cars I made a mistake buying this Kadjar. Don't get me wrong, Kadjar is a nice car but each time when I look at R Link, I remember that I don't have Apple CarPlay. 

Absolutely agree with you wholeheartedly.. the Renault spiel on r-link is a far cry from what was actually delivered .. would be good if what we got actually worked properly too for a start.Very happy with the KJ's looks,engine,and fuel economy though..it's just missed the boat completely on the tech side which could have made it a great car instead a decent one.

1 hour ago, 1964 said:

Absolutely agree with you wholeheartedly.. the Renault spiel on r-link is a far cry from what was actually delivered .. would be good if what we got actually worked properly too for a start.Very happy with the KJ's looks,engine,and fuel economy though..it's just missed the boat completely on the tech side which could have made it a great car instead a decent one.

Exactly!!!!! It could be a great car.... this and the bitter taste of false advertising (the "hands free" which is real only for Mark 2). For me the sales person was just a con artist and I have to deal with this each time I use the car.

Anyway this is my last Renault car. I will tun back to Peugeot.... maybe 3008 :P

you are all right, having looked closely at it i have to say its on the top of my shortlist, as long as it  doesn't go back to that rubbish auto box

i have got just under 3 years with the KJ and what i have done with it so far i think its great and would still recommend it 

Very happy with my Kadjar, but must admit I'd be interested in the new 3008 if I was looking now. Significantly more expensive list price though. Anybody know how the lease costs compare?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just put the equivalent deposit I put in for the Kadjar......lease is quite a bit more expensive. Lovely car it looks like.....but looks like the 3008 is pushing Audi Q3 territory, more than a competitor for Quasqui/Kadjar.

Indeed. a bit of a shame...
For a newly designed car..... even just having to take your car back to dealers to get a software upgrade to fix an R-Link bug, is very "1990s". I assume the new Scenic and Koleos (even newer designs using R-Link2) will have the same clunky software upgrade process

just put the equivalent deposit I put in for the Kadjar......lease is quite a bit more expensive. Lovely car it looks like.....but looks like the 3008 is pushing Audi Q3 territory, more than a competitor for Quasqui/Kadjar.

The quality is very impressive and they do seem to be trying to compete with premium sector

Finally something interesting about Android on Kadjar! Of course that this only confirm that my Kadjar is a piece of crap but.... 

"R-Link 2 whose firmware number begins with 2.X will never be able to receive Android Auto or Carplay because hardware is not compatible."

Finally something interesting about Android on Kadjar! Of course that this only confirm that my Kadjar is a piece of crap but.... 
"R-Link 2 whose firmware number begins with 2.X will never be able to receive Android Auto or Carplay because hardware is not compatible."

Where do we find our firmware number Buder?

All I can gather from that is the Renualt engineer on the trade stand couldn't answer the questions with any sort of certainty.No surprise there then

Certainly gives the impression its going to be available for all Kadjar's...no small print exclusions. Wont be the first time they've issued misleading information though.

using google translate it says this...

Smartphone integration enables the use and display of selected apps and services of the smartphone
The touchscreen in the vehicle. In addition to the classical telephone functions telephony and SMS are mainly
Music, navigation, and news apps.
 Only apps shared with Apple or Google for the application while driving can be used.
 To use the selected apps, they must be installed on their own smartphone.
 These apps can be controlled easily and securely via the voice control of the smartphone.
 The connection between the smartphone and the vehicle must be made via a USB cable. Not all apps of the smartphone can be displayed on the R-LINK touchscreen
 Only applications certified by Google or Apple for this purpose can be used
They are installed on their own smartphone
 Both services use only the data volume of the smartphone. Android Auto is available for R-LINK Evolution and R-LINK 2.
Apple CarPlay is only available for R-LINK 2 
R-LINK 2
In the KADJAR, new MEGANE, new SCENIC, TALISMAN,
ESPACE and the new KOLEOS