Noise from power steering
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Got exactly the same thing on my 1 year old S Nav.  The noise started about a week ago after the car had its first service.  I'm going to visit the dealership as soon as possible.  It's quite an alarming noise really.

Just back from a very fast dealership, who have diagnosed that it's a steering shaft support strut ?  It needs replacing.  They have ordered the parts and should have it fixed in days, meanwhile, its safe to drive.  Hope that helps.

Zen, 1.6dCi, 2WD. 16000km, 10 month old.
Unfortunately, I also have this sound.
It starts 20 days ago, When car is still or at low speed, and I turn power-steering left.
It starts like "whirr" sound.
Now it sounds like a cat meowing. Sometimes it is loud, sometimes is weak.

Yes I Got exactly the same thing on my 6 month old Kadjar Signature S Nav. the dealership told me the same thing but it only took them 2 min's to fix it as it was only the heat shield catching on the power steering

I've got a 6 month old Sig Nav and recently had similar problem with grinding noise coming from steering wheel . It was intermittent and every time I took it in to Renault they couldn't hear it until one day when it was quite constant and it turned out to be the Rotor Switch behind the steering wheel . For some strange reason it's not a part that Renault produce so had to wait 5 days for them to get one and just had it fitted yesterday . Seems to have solved it . Hope that may help .

On 2/8/2017 at 6:03 PM, DAVE MORSE said:

Yes I Got exactly the same thing on my 6 month old Kadjar Signature S Nav. the dealership told me the same thing but it only took them 2 min's to fix it as it was only the heat shield catching on the power steering

I have a similar issue.

From reading all the above, there seems to be a few different opinions as to what is causing the issue.

Steering shaft support strut, Heat Shield & Rotor Switch...

If the Heat Shield fixes the issue that would be preferable as it seems like the easiest fix. 

Is it still running away without noise?

I'm going in for service in the next week or so anyway, so i'll see what they come up with, but it's always good to have a bit of knowledge on these things....

Thanks,