• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

fuel economy question
4 4

44 posts in this topic

I have got to say, so far, the fuel economy of my Kadjar has been brilliant. It just seems to go and go but I have only filled her up with £40 worth of fuel so far so I have two questions.

How much does it cost to fill up the tank?

How many miles should I get out of the tank if I am driving, on average around 57mpg?

I understand that I could find this out for myself by filling her right up, which I plan to do but I was wondering if anyone has any figures so that I have something to go off!

Thanks in advance.

I have got to say, so far, the fuel economy of my Kadjar has been brilliant. It just seems to go and go but I have only filled her up with £40 worth of fuel so far so I have two questions.
How much does it cost to fill up the tank?
How many miles should I get out of the tank if I am driving, on average around 57mpg?
I understand that I could find this out for myself by filling her right up, which I plan to do but I was wondering if anyone has any figures so that I have something to go off!
Thanks in advance.

Can you tell us what size engine and if diesel or petrol also if you fill up in Saudi Arabia it would cost £15 but if you filled up in the Esso garage in Tenby it would £65

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that is pretty good going to be honest and something that I would love to achieve. I cover 250 miles a week with work and perhaps an additional 30-60 miles on a weekend so I would anticipate that a full tank would last me two weeks worth of work driving and one weekend worth of driving - give or take conditions or speed.

the economy on the kadjar and the engine has made me drive a lot more efficiently and thoughtfully as I had a 2 litre 160bhp insignia previously and that used to cost me about £40 a week, so I think this should do me a lot better!!

Well for me a fill up costs about 55 - 60 squid on a 15 DCi. I find about 3 weeks between topups doing 700 - 1000 miles a month average with computer reporting 56 mpg avg.

I've always been of the mind never to run out of fuel in a diesel as  you can't just crank over after filling up. Not a mechanic, so unsure if I am told a porkie or not, but always ensure I get to a station before I run dry. Had a few low fuel lights ping on and I have found that it stops telling you estimated miles to empty at about 50 to go, which I assume is to stop me running dry by playing chicken :-)

Swiss, that is an incredible return off a full tank. If I can get that it would save me a considerable amount in fuel costs. We have recently moved office and so, my employer is paying our fuel costs for the difference in travel between our old office and new office, so I am getting around £70 a month for the extra fuel. The less I spend the more I get to bank I guess!

7 hours ago, bretty1984 said:

Swiss, that is an incredible return off a full tank. If I can get that it would save me a considerable amount in fuel costs. We have recently moved office and so, my employer is paying our fuel costs for the difference in travel between our old office and new office, so I am getting around £70 a month for the extra fuel. The less I spend the more I get to bank I guess!

I hope he's just adding that to your salary and not making it a benefit in kind with private fuel payments. The tax on an employee receiving private fuel as a benefit is massive! Commuting is not a business expense so it would count as private. You may want to make sure it's being done correctly. (I'm a chartered accountant, so just pointing that out)

I appreciate what you say about a full tank and it's true . I found in a year's driving my average was about 56 mpg and rarely let the tank run more than half empty . I also found that I'd get better fuel economy by ignoring the ECO scores and driving normally i.e. holding on to a gear longer than the car advised . The reason for this method is, living in a hilly area , if I followed the instruction to change up it would almost immediately advise me to change down . My ECO score was around mid 70s to 80 normally . I achieved a 100 once but , in all honesty , you can't drive that way in modern traffic .

You probably found the 1.6 QQ better because it didn't need to work as hard as the 1.5 . I did toy with going for the 1.6 but reviews said it was noisy and , having had 1.5 Dci previously , I knew it was a good reliable engine 

12 hours ago, ulfire said:

I appreciate what you say about a full tank and it's true . I found in a year's driving my average was about 56 mpg and rarely let the tank run more than half empty . I also found that I'd get better fuel economy by ignoring the ECO scores and driving normally i.e. holding on to a gear longer than the car advised . The reason for this method is, living in a hilly area , if I followed the instruction to change up it would almost immediately advise me to change down . My ECO score was around mid 70s to 80 normally . I achieved a 100 once but , in all honesty , you can't drive that way in modern traffic .

You probably found the 1.6 QQ better because it didn't need to work as hard as the 1.5 . I did toy with going for the 1.6 but reviews said it was noisy and , having had 1.5 Dci previously , I knew it was a good reliable engine 

I found putting ECO mode on made it use more fuel, likely because I was longer on the throttle, but also I drive to the engine tone rather then the leaves, find it gives better return

As for the full tank. Totally agree on the weight being carried. Paying for fuel to carry fuel around and all that. I just hate fuel stations so I usually brim it :-)

2 hours ago, Swiss said:

I found putting ECO mode on made it use more fuel, likely because I was longer on the throttle, but also I drive to the engine tone rather then the leaves, find it gives better return

As for the full tank. Totally agree on the weight being carried. Paying for fuel to carry fuel around and all that. I just hate fuel stations so I usually brim it :-)

Same as you Swiss very rarely used ECO better fuel economy when it's off

23 minutes ago, bretty1984 said:

that is interesting about the Eco setting. If it saves very little, if any at all then what is the point in it?!?! I am going to try and see what it is like with it off.

I'd switch ECO on if it was a flat straight run and didn't need power under my foot......but of course we live in Wales :)

new car really low millage 287 miles tank just gone on to 1/2 a tank showing with 258 miles left according to the computer. To clarify, since my disability forced early retirement and the kids growing up not having to do the school run, I just potter now, brought a flat cap and driving gloves the lot, hence the low millage car is averaging 40.1mpg the area's hilly and congested.

this  is excellent i feel my old Smax avg 30.5 same type of travel and on a run 40 ,, never buy a smax. The car before that i took back to the dealer at one point to ask if the fuel tank was leaking 28.4 avg with stop start dealer fig were 70mpg urban that was a 3008 with the shitty auto box, but on a run down the motorway it was in the 60's. I was told by the dealer it was my driving style, but as i had just got rid of my A6 2.5 v6 auto and that around town did 35 mpg all day. anyway i am impressed  with the KJ i know diesel is not the best but i couldn't get this car in petrol.

I have found the fuel economy better in the summer than in the winter. Also, having just completed 18k in the Kadjar, the fuel economy has improved slightly over this time, with some of the best figures being achieved in the last few thousand miles. Regularly showing 58mpg on the computer (I reset every fill up), with mainly motorway driving at 70mph on cruise.

If you expect to get anywhere near the claimed economy on any car you'll be disappointed. There are so many variables . As 1964 says,knock 15 t0 20% off is a good rule of thumb . You may be able to get closer to it  if you're prepared suffer the wrath of other road users  :) . My present motor claims 83.1 mpg , am I expecting to get close to it ? ...I don't think so 

Well as it has already been mentioned, the manufacturers figures are complete nonsense and every salesman told me that....so at least they are honest! But yes, take around 20% off to get a realistic figure. My book figures state 72mpg but I am not getting anywhere near this, but I am getting 57mpg on average which I am very pleased with. Just think that the majority of manufacturers promise high figures yet none of them will realistically reach that.

Oh, I must add to this, I filled my tank up full last Friday and it cost £61. I did a 25 mile journey home, drove around all weekend and so far I have driven 100 miles this week with another 100 miles left for travel to work on Thurs and Friday. Only one bar has disappeared so far and according to the figures on the dash, I have around 600 miles left in my tank based on around 55mpg.

I think this is excellent value for money.

Well I filled up a week ago at the cost of £61. Since then I drove around all last weekend, I have driven to work every day and I have only used three bars from full. I think that is pretty good  going. As I have mentioned, the majority of driving is on the motorway and I have been averaging around 60mpg this week. In fact, some days it has been up to 65mpg, ok the traffic has only been moving at around 65mph but I am pretty pleased with this.

Currently, the car is telling me that I have around 500 miles left in the tank.