• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Window rubbers not clearing windows
5 5

35 posts in this topic

Normally when I get into my BMW in the morning I wind the side windows down to clear the mist/moisture off the windows. On the Kadjar we have it seems the window rubber doesnt make any contact with the window so you have to do it with a sqeegee. It worries me that rain can run down the window and get into the door. Has anyone else this issue?

Normally when I get into my BMW in the morning I wind the side windows down to clear the mist/moisture off the windows. On the Kadjar we have it seems the window rubber doesnt make any contact with the window so you have to do it with a sqeegee. It worries me that rain can run down the window and get into the door. Has anyone else this issue?

I do the same thing in the morning and both the drivers window and passenger window clear perfectly. I'd get it checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just asking: what do you think they will or can do? IMHO you as a driver is responsible in first place to make suitable conditions for safe drive. Nothing stops you to take a cloth and wipe rain drops from window...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree, my Audi used to clear them straight away, even my works van clears them.

Renault totally useless, and yes the rain must be getting into the doors, which will result in rusting from inside....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I totally agree, my Audi used to clear them straight away, even my works van clears them.

Renault totally useless, and yes the rain must be getting into the doors, which will result in rusting from inside....

I've just had a look at mine. If you wind the window down and look into the slot there's a second rubber lining which, in mine, sits flush to the glass. Do you not have that?

On 19/11/2016 at 4:52 PM, JonP said:

I also have this issue with the Windows not clearing rain off sufficiently. Wonder if this is a common production fault?

6 hours ago, Mr K said:

I also have this issue with the Windows not clearing rain off sufficiently. Wonder if this is a common production fault?

Don't think it's   a fault as such ,just the way they are . Mine was exactly the same . My new ride  acts the same as any other car I've owned . Wind the windows down and up ...all clear

Over the years I have driven different car's "fords, Peugeot,etc and I have never had this problem with Windows not clearing the rain off the door Windows. Even after the Window going up & down several times it's not clearing the rain off. Back to the dealer I think

5 minutes ago, Mr K said:

Over the years I have driven different car's "fords, Peugeot,etc and I have never had this problem with Windows not clearing the rain off the door Windows. Even after the Window going up & down several times it's not clearing the rain off. Back to the dealer I think

Is yours one of the newer Kadjars ?

All I can say is I have never had this issue with other cars. The door window brushes/seal are clearly not doing what its designed to do on a brand new 2016 car ( clearing excess water off ) therefore it's a fault and a safety issue surely

6 minutes ago, Mr K said:

All I can say is I have never had this issue with other cars. The door window brushes/seal are clearly not doing what its designed to do on a brand new 2016 car ( clearing excess water off ) therefore it's a fault and a safety issue surely

I agree with you .....but Renault....that's another matter :(