• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Windscreen cleaning - Be Aware
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but may save someone else a paint chip.

I washed the car today and lifted the drivers side wiper to clean under it. As the arm came up it caught the back lip of the bonnet and took a lump of paint off the lip. There is a fix for this which is in the manual. (I'd completely forgotten about this).

Press the start button but not the clutch or brake pedal to activate the ignition, move the the wiper lever on the steering column to lower position (fast wipe) and hold for a few seconds. Wipers will then park to fully up position to allow you to take the blades off the screen and clean under. Replace blades onto screen then return wiper control to off or auto position and the blades will return to lower park position.

Maybe worth remembering if you visit the local hand car wash also.

IMG_0625.thumb.JPG.059452643e367d213c220IMG_0628.thumb.JPG.f370e5ae811e43485b8d3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a right pain in the arse that.

I think it works without the ignition on though as last time I washed it I'm pretty sure I opened door and pulled wiper control to bottom position and moved wipers into position without having to put ignition on.. I'll check tomorrow as cars due a bit of a wipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grr - just noticed this on my car, and too late after I had the car hand washed so I now have a paint chip. Time to order some touch-up....

Sorry to hear that abedegno.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt a Renault dealer's own valeters would know about the car wash wiper mode...

Hello everyone !

This is a very well known anti-theft system used by many other manufacturers on the more expencive types. It is not new from Renault, it's in my 2016 Kadjar Bose and it was also in my 2014 Capture and both 2013 and 2012 Megane Sport Tourer.

I think so many of us should change our habits and always read the owners manual, instead of "blessing" it for taking so much place in the glove box.

Have a good day
Runolfur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI    May well be anti theft Idea  I don't know but  I always thought it was to do with aerodynamics (hows that for a BIG word and only Tuesday  watch this space !!!! :D )  air flow and all that and yes it is a feature on a lot if not most cars these days indeed a few years now i think  :huh:  

J.C.