• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Parking Pack
2 2

50 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, 1964 said:

That's a shame ... quite fancied the upgrade, but not the end of the world lol...Did they expand on the why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No further explanation was offered. I have been fighting this corner for 6 months now, so I'll probably just accept it and move on. Like many of you, I feel that removing this in the first place was a retrograde and cheapening step, but there again, so was the removal of lit up door switches, lit front storage compartment, removal of glasses storage etc. 

Nothing significant can be fitted for free... as you said it's all 'bout new software... you know how much does it costs to adjust a car manufacturing for new lom or different hands-free locking... usually they do such a things with a new phase or restyling... I can ask my contact in workshop...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 15/11/2016 at 5:18 PM, Xav said:

Hi Folks

I picked up my 66 reg Dynamique S Nav today. I can confirm it has 1) auto-locking when you walk away from the car and 2) auto-folding wing mirrors. 

The dealer said they are all coming with these features now, so wongokenda it is highly likely yours is like mine with them fitted as standard. My car was already at the UK import centre when I ordered it,  so it's likely that any car built from scratch / to order now will have both features. 

Cheers

Xav 

Cheers Xav. Hope you like your new car !

Looks like from past Renault models... Megane III, Captur, Clio... all new models start with Espace, Megane IV, Scenic IV, Talisman has same new design of smart cards...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, robertp said:

Looks like from past Renault models... Megane III, Captur, Clio... all new models start with Espace, Megane IV, Scenic IV, Talisman has same new design of smart cards...

The picture is from Renault UK official site (Kadjar configurator page).

I saw something else different: "A button in the middle of the dashboard allows manual control over the locking and unlocking of the car."

"The doors and the boot are automatically locked when the car moves off. A button in the middle of the dashboard allows manual control over the locking and unlocking of the car."

hfe-ph1-R.A.I.D.-Renault-Anti_Intruder-Device-automatic-door-locking.jpg.ximg.c4.conf.jpg

I guess this will be an easy upgrade.... a switch connected with the old one!

6 minutes ago, Buder said:

"The doors and the boot are automatically locked when the car moves off. A button in the middle of the dashboard allows manual control over the locking and unlocking of the car."

hfe-ph1-R.A.I.D.-Renault-Anti_Intruder-Device-automatic-door-locking.jpg.ximg.c4.conf.jpg

I guess this will be an easy upgrade.... a switch connected with the old one!

The old one isn't a switch. It's just light. That automatic locking when car moves can be turned on and off from the menu.

2 hours ago, robertp said:

I will check on our configuration page... That means switch central for power windows is also different...

Why? This new switch in the dashboard is for turning on and off automatic locking when car moves.

8 minutes ago, ballantine said:

The old one isn't a switch. It's just light. That automatic locking when car moves can be turned on and off from the menu.

Yes, I know and I am angry with this stupid Renault decision. Especially in the night, that button without light on the door is hard to find.

3 minutes ago, Buder said:

Yes, I know and I am angry with this stupid Renault decision. Especially in the night, that button without light on the door is hard to find.

Hello!  We are talking about the new Kadjar (the Kadjar well built)

Yes we are talking about the same car.

2 hours ago, ballantine said:

Does the new model have rear vents also? Or some kind of different container in the back of the center console? That part looks a bit different also.

I'm not sure. What does the old one look like? I will go and check mine. 

Also forgot to mention - the coin holder is gone. There's just an empty space there now which looks like very little will actually fit in it. 

Do you mean this one that doesn't really do anything on "pre auto" cars?b5538611f6b4e18f9c23f2b6cb5e510e.jpg

This is weird though, because I have a later gen one with auto lock when walking away, and keyless entry but still have that button which is just a light? To turn the locking off when driving I physically have to go into the menu.

Cross over maybe? Not sure

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Have spoken to Ren uk regarding the mirrors and auto locking it can't be retro fitted in the dealers it's a factory install only. Having a few issues-again will update my original post

Have spoken to Ren uk regarding the mirrors and auto locking it can't be retro fitted in the dealers it's a factory install only. Having a few issues-again will update my original post

I had it on my megane, there are sensors built in to the door and handle so the car knows when you wrap your hand around the handle

As 1964 says the mirrors, can be done, 3 different ways although 2 of them are the same just different packaging, and a fairly easy wiring mod that is a bit cheaper. A few of us have done the different methods with the same results.
The locking, however is a different kettle of fish, just have to get use to pushing the button!

My Auto Mirrors were fitted by a dealer who sourced the parts from France.
As yet I have not pursued the auto locking to see if possible

Do a search, the Renault kit is available from Ireland, possibly the U.K. Now.
Nissan do a kit which is the same thing, available from Nissan and eBay for the juke and qashqui.
Third option is an eBay mod that is fairly simple to do think it was around £45