• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

LED fog lights (how to)
6 6

64 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Darth_Joey said:

Would this mod void the warrantee? If so, the lamps would need to be swapped out every time It goes in for a service? I'll just keep it as is for now…

Logically to most people it should not, all you have done is change the fog light bulbs - if they failed and you wanted to change them yourself Renault can not argue you did that or wanted to change both to ensure equal light from both. LED bulbs are now very mainstream, although they are more energy efficient then traditional bulbs most of this is lost because they have to manufacture resistors into the bulbs to make them use sufficient power the car built in CANBUS system does not give a bulb out warning because it thinks the bulb is using less power then expected. 

Personally speaking if you take the car in for a general service I doubt they would even notice. If you take the car in for electrical problems or faults then I am pretty sure they will notice and blame the LED bulbs for "Messing up the very carefully balanced car electrics". Complete rubbish but on a base level it is how any business will run a Warranty - if they can find a way to get out of covering repair under Warranty they will.

To answer your question, changing the bulbs should not be required for every service. I took my 3 week old Kadjar in for the windscreen seal to be replaced with LED Fog light bulbs and they did not mention it. If I have an electrical fault or issue I need them to look at then I would replace the stock bulbs before taking it in - just for my own piece of mind. Fingers crossed though I won't have any electrical issues.

Logically to most people it should not, all you have done is change the fog light bulbs - if they failed and you wanted to change them yourself Renault can not argue you did that or wanted to change both to ensure equal light from both. LED bulbs are now very mainstream, although they are more energy efficient then traditional bulbs most of this is lost because they have to manufacture resistors into the bulbs to make them use sufficient power the car built in CANBUS system does not give a bulb out warning because it thinks the bulb is using less power then expected. 
Personally speaking if you take the car in for a general service I doubt they would even notice. If you take the car in for electrical problems or faults then I am pretty sure they will notice and blame the LED bulbs for "Messing up the very carefully balanced car electrics". Complete rubbish but on a base level it is how any business will run a Warranty - if they can find a way to get out of covering repair under Warranty they will.
To answer your question, changing the bulbs should not be required for every service. I took my 3 week old Kadjar in for the windscreen seal to be replaced with LED Fog light bulbs and they did not mention it. If I have an electrical fault or issue I need them to look at then I would replace the stock bulbs before taking it in - just for my own piece of mind. Fingers crossed though I won't have any electrical issues.

No bulb out warning indication on the kadjar!

On 03/11/2016 at 1:21 PM, darenh said:

Screws are T20, use opposite lock for more access.
Do the nearside first as there's more room to see

Washer bottle is in the off side but it's still relatively easy to get to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@darenh Dont suppose you have a new link from ebay? ( dont have a clue what to search for bulb model wise )

this link is showing a bluetooth headset  :lol:

Changed my halogens for LEDs today and thanks to Darenh for the detailed instructions took about 10 mins each side, apart from the half hour trip to replace the H8 LEDs for a H11 set. They appear to have changed the socket on my 2017 model to H11 for some reason, so check before you buy which bulbs you need.

Fantastic topic Darenh, thanks for posting it, the yellow glow on cornering was throwing kalma out of kilter!

Hello. Some questions for people who have changed the LED fog lights:

-Are you happy with the light bulbs that you have installed?

-
Would there be space to put some with more lumens, of those that go with a fan? 
Or on the contrary, it would be necessary to pierce some lighthouse cover or something.

I refer to these types of light bulbs:
https://www.amazon.es/Safego-Bombillas-brillante-estupendo-conduciendo/dp/B01MRG0HPM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1516047373&sr=8-3&keywords=bombillas+led+h8

or of these other

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B072LVCPMB/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I10OBHC5HS1FNC&colid=3KMVGJYFQI3EC&psc=1

Thank you

On 29/11/2016 at 6:25 PM, robertp said:

Question: are this kightbulbs good enough also for foglight or just for cornerlight? It's pretty stupid when you have full led headlight and corner/foglight is not noticable...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes there are just be carefully you get decent cob Cree LEDs, 

On 31/1/2018 at 9:44 AM, Andyb said:

After not being happy with the cheap ebay ones I received, looked around and found these

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h8-twenty20-cree-led-12v-canbus-foglight-bulb.html

Canbus compatible and get very good reviews, bit more expensive @ £29.50 for a pair

(yet to buy them) as not yet sure if i need h8 or h11 on 2016 kadjar

In Spain a partner changed the bulbs, according to manual I buy H8 but when removing the originals they were H11. He could put the H8 without problems

On 31/01/2018 at 8:44 AM, Andyb said:

After not being happy with the cheap ebay ones I received, looked around and found these

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h8-twenty20-cree-led-12v-canbus-foglight-bulb.html

Canbus compatible and get very good reviews, bit more expensive @ £29.50 for a pair

(yet to buy them) as not yet sure if i need h8 or h11 on 2016 kadjar

They don’t need to be canbus capable, there’s no bulb out warning on the kadjar

Great advise - thank you all above.

One thing to add to foglight bulb changing - you need to remove the connector before rotating the bulb anti clock wise or I found it wont come out - the connector must catch on something.

Once I did this all good. You were right to say do nearside one first to get more room to see the job, then use 'muscle memory' to do the off side one which is obscured by the washer bottle.

I just removed the wheel arch liner 3 screws: bottom screw, and then inside edge lowest and one above.The wheel arch liner can be bent carefully to get an arm in - but it has a sharp edge to it so I used a rolled up cloth to protect my arm when wearing a T shirt.

The fog light bulbs from Ebay you linked are a good colour match to the factory DRLs and the full LED headlights I have on the Sig Nav S model I have ( 1.2TCE EDC) .