• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

1.2 TCE EDC
5 5

16 posts in this topic

Got delivery of my Auto Petrol Sig S Nav (Flame Red)  last week , and I must say how impressed I am by the engine/gearbox combination.  Had 5  adults in the car for a trip from Hertfordshire to Central London and  it performed admirably. Its obviously not going to win prizes for out and out acceleration and speed but pulled perfectly well uphill and never complained or lacked power or torque.

I'm having enormous fun so far.

13 hours ago, gsa1967 said:

i have done 700 km so far, the trip says 7,1 lit/100 km . 

300 km i done it in highway and the rest in town.

Works out as 39.8 mpg, not bad for a petrol with the majority of it in town.

Since my system update along with the maps I’ve gone from around 34 mpg to 43 mpg around town !

On the A19 duel carriage way 24 mile down and up I worked it out at around 58   The computer was saying 69 ?

impress with the upgrades 

Well, my 1.2 Auto has 500 miles on the clock so far and is averaging only just under 34 mpg. About 50/50 between town and motorway.

I've now put the ECO button on to see if this will improve it but I know that as the mileage increases, so will the fuel economy.

I assume you spent only one tank of fuel... right averaging will be shown after a few thousand miles... I have more than 50k km on the clock, BC resets 5 times (after 10k) and short after reseting average economic is about 15l/100km and dropping... after a few thousands km is stedy at 6.2

my kadjar has done 5565 mls it is the 1.2 tce i only do around town driving and my average consumption is 28.5 mpg my average speed is 13.6 mph see photos. i always have eco off as it makes only 1.2 mpg difference.

i am going up to leeds next week from cardiff so it will be interesting to see what return i get on motorway driving.

20180503_191849(0).jpg

20180503_191922.jpg

1.5dci, not used for more than a 10 miles journey in the last 1000 miles, most about 3 miles each way. Was hovering about 50mpg, has now crept up until today it's at 53.5, most likely do to driest weather so no wipers/heating/lights etc. 60ish on a run, hit 80 once but did I have to try to do that. (50 miles round trips)

Actually, about town it isn't bad, it's the brick like aerodynamics at speed that screw economy in my experience

55 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

1.5dci, not used for more than a 10 miles journey in the last 1000 miles, most about 3 miles each way. Was hovering about 50mpg, has now crept up until today it's at 53.5, most likely do to driest weather so no wipers/heating/lights etc. 60ish on a run, hit 80 once but did I have to try to do that. (50 miles round trips)

Actually, about town it isn't bad, it's the brick like aerodynamics at speed that screw economy in my experience

Fair enough for a diesel , but the OP is driving a 1.2 petrol . Efficient as it is , that's a lot of weight to pull around for that size engine 

Your recent mpg is about right for short runs and cold/freezing temperatures. It should improve somewhat as the weather improves. On your upcoming run to Leeds and back I guess you should average somewhere in the high thirties (as long as you don't get stuck in tailbacks). I'm managing 34-35 mpg at the moment but a few months ago it was more like 30. I have got into the habit of using the display theme which shows average mpg and current mpg permanently on show and believe me it does tend to 'manipulate' your right foot, even if you are not aware of it at the time. Not very flat in Wales though, is it? Forgot to add mine is a manual.

18 hours ago, ulfire said:

Fair enough for a diesel , but the OP is driving a 1.2 petrol . Efficient as it is , that's a lot of weight to pull around for that size engine 

18 hours ago, ulfire said:

Understand what you say, I was just giving the example of how local V long run mpg pans out. 

However the petrol is a much lighter engine with more or the same power?, weight isn't greater so the same as all Kadjars, if I have a gripe it's the reduction in touring MPG due to the car being "Kadjar" shaped. 

On 31/10/2016 at 1:39 PM, 1898 said:

Please report back about fuel mileage.

I was not the original poster, but here are my stats for the first 8000 km (5000 miles) on my Bose 1.2 TCE EDC, 19" wheels.

Average fuel consumption: 7,74 lt/100km with best fill-up number being 6,85 and worst showing 8,92 lt/100km.

The driving style is mild with a lot of low-speed but high-traffic highway. I recently noticed that EDC tends not to let the engine breathe correctly, so I am trying in the last fill-up to use manual gear change as much as possible. This way I let the rpm go higher in order to find the optimal gear-change spots. I am already showing 6,6 and the driving details (speed, traffic etc.) are not much different. Weirdly enough instead of 90-93/100 in the ECO2 counter, I get 83/100 so far. So, it looks like a by-design fault in the system.

ECO or no ECO makes no difference so far.