• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Reverse lights LED
3 3

23 posts in this topic

Does the Kadjar have a bulb failure indicator?  I must try it tomorrow,  Here's what I used I did get the ones with built in resistance

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141191988703?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These are CREE LED H21W

The Indicators are PY21W  and the cree version is available I prefer Cree as they are brighter and have a built in lens. I guess it is possible buit would have to be loaded correctly for the flasher module to work correctly

13 minutes ago, Grzes said:

brightness of this bulb is very low (210). Standard H21W has about 600 lumens.

regards
Grzes

Rubbish Don't measure incandescent or halogen bulbs in Lm You can calculate it. Led dives a different spread of light as well as colour temperature they are comparable if not brighter. 

Rubbish Don't measure incandescent or halogen bulbs in Lm You can calculate it. Led dives a different spread of light as well as colour temperature they are comparable if not brighter. 

But you can find information about halogen bulbs lumens, example: http://www.lumileds.com/products/automotive-oem-lamps/signaling :)

And what is your opinion, with LED bulbs now is better?

regards

Grzes

I like the look of those. Looks a fairly simple job to change. (Consult dealer not mentioned, for once).
According to the book, to change the rear fog lamps, the front bumper has to be removed. Don't you just love 'em at Renault.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What I can't believe is that on the top spec cars they don't spend that extra 50cents and fit LED bulbs all round.

The front fogs look plain pants compared to the headlights especially when doing that turning light stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for the brightness, they are brighter. There are that many to choose from I even found one quoting 3400lm my theory went on chip size and quantity.

So the spread of light is different because of the lens and the forward facing LED

Hi Darenh,

I’m an noob about resistors here.. Did you swap the original bulb with the LED ones without the need to add any resistors to it? I.e just swap and it works without any failure indication?

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:36 PM, darenh said:

Going to order some front fog bulbs, have not had a look yet but I'm hoping I can get to them without removing the bumper, maybe by removing the inner wing cover

There is a thread on here about fitting fog light bulbs with pics all you need to know..my next job as well ..

12 hours ago, Roxy1234 said:

There is a thread on here about fitting fog light bulbs with pics all you need to know..my next job as well ..

Er yes there is, it’s mine!

CC1    0
On 10/31/2016 at 0:16 AM, darenh said:

Does the Kadjar have a bulb failure indicator?  I must try it tomorrow,  Here's what I used I did get the ones with built in resistance

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141191988703?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These are CREE LED H21W

The Indicators are PY21W  and the cree version is available I prefer Cree as they are brighter and have a built in lens. I guess it is possible buit would have to be loaded correctly for the flasher module to work correctly

So those leds for reversing is OK to buy - no problems with them?

On the link, it says: This item does not fit Renault Kadjar 2016 -- [2015-2018] SUV 1.2 TCE 130.