91 posts in this topic

Hello.... can anyone help me please?

Second day with my Kadjar...

Ive enabled data sharing and found my r link serial number

ive created an R Link store account

ive downloaded the r link 2 app on my Mac

the account tells me I need a mandatory system update

however  am really struggling to get things syncronised 

i have a few times no put a blank 16GB USB stick into the cars USB port with R Link and the engine on .... waited a few minutes... then put it into my computer with my r link 2 app open but nothing happens and it doesn't recognise the USB when I click the car icon. The Kadjar has left an R Link folder with .wls file on the USB stick.

help gratefully received! Thanks 

Hi there, welcome. This has been covered on other threads but you need to format your blank USB in FAT 32 format. I have a Mac and it's not possible so you'll have to get it done on a Windows computer. Maybe a relative or neighbour? I had the same problem. Best of luck.

Hi there, welcome. This has been covered on other threads but you need to format your blank USB in FAT 32 format. I have a Mac and it's not possible so you'll have to get it done on a Windows computer. Maybe a relative or neighbour? I had the same problem. Best of luck.

Sorry to correct you Pat you can format it on a Mac.
http://www.admfactory.com/how-to-format-usb-flash-drive-to-fat32-in-mac-os/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that 1964 , you live and learn, eh? I found the MS-DOS (FAT) in my utilities but it didn't mention 32 so I was unsure and left it. In the end I got my daughter to format my USB for me. In future I'll know what to do if I have to do it again. Again thanks.

13 hours ago, Burrowsy said:

Hello.... thanks.... It is in that format .... what should I be seeming in terms of files on the USB?

There should be an R Link folder and a .wls file  ,as you had before if I've read your post correctly . One other thing is that it may take 72 hours to register your car on R Link ( according to the early Renault blurb ) , though it registered within 24 hours in my case

Quick question, can you drive the car when doing an update?

I remember last time it said to leave the engine running and it took an age, I was thinking I could leave it updating whilst I drove home from work

15 minutes ago, KadjarGary said:

Quick question, can you drive the car when doing an update?

I remember last time it said to leave the engine running and it took an age, I was thinking I could leave it updating whilst I drove home from work

As JC says , yes . One tip though is to switch off the Stop/Start 

Thanks for your advice...but I've done all that and I get a message saying my VIN and HUID number (minus the CAP bit) don't match !!!!  I've emailed the dealership to ask for help but Lord knows if or when they'll get back to me.  It is very frustrating not least because I've put an address in the sat nav and it says there is no coverage available for this area!  I put it in my trusty Garmin and up it popped right away!  The car is great, R-Link is not! 

I took delivery of my new Kadjar a couple of weeks ago and, having previously owned a Captur, was aware of the quirks of R-Link.

I logged on to the R-Link store and downloaded the updates that were listed, including a map update version 12.2016 which I assume means it was issued in December 2016. However, I noticed that a local roundabout built in 2015 is not shown on there.

Has anyone else found that "latest" versions are so out of date? How often are these updated?

In car mapping is nearly always out of date . Not taking a pop at Renault , all cars are the same . I wish , though , that Renault had stuck with TomTom ( guaranteed 4 updates a year and a damn sight cheaper than Renault )

On the bright side , if you have a post May 2017 Kadjar , you can use Waze or Google Maps with Android Auto . It's much better than the inbuilt navigation