R Link 2 set up
9 9

91 posts in this topic

Do you get a hard copy of this with the car. It look like a manual for r link 2 but for a number of versions/models. Only 8 days to go for delivery.

http://www.e-guide.renault.com/portail/data/systemes/r-link2/R-Link2-NX1062-2_ENG.pdf

1.2 TCe Signature Nav, flame red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes m8 you get that in with the Manuels in your pack you get with the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well got my r-link 2 update on the 10th March and something else he said on the phone they are having it from 10am to 2pm no curtacey car though as renault don't have them at my dealership at the moment they have been lending Nissan cars and if I wanted one it would have been longer to wait to take it in

Well got my r-link 2 update on the 10th March and something else he said on the phone they are having it from 10am to 2pm no curtacey car though as renault don't have them at my dealership at the moment they have been lending Nissan cars and if I wanted one it would have been longer to wait to take it in

Let you know how mine goes tomorrow .Going in at 9 ,so it looks like I'll be going into town to pass the time again :)

Let you know how mine goes tomorrow .Going in at 9 ,so it looks like I'll be going into town to pass the time again :)

Did they say if anything else was being fixed apart from the update I'm positive he said the air hoses was being fixed Too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's all I can get out of support is it's an update . Seeing as I was talking about R Link ,I assumed that's all it was .They aren't to hot on volunteering information :wub:.

I also had an issue with my Service Intervals showing that I needed an oil change in 7,400 miles . They told me at the dealership that the work they were doing then would fix that . It didn't !!!! . I'll press them for more info tomorrow.

I believe that some Kadjars had an issue with the Air Con hoses being incorrectly fitted resulting with water building up in the footwells . Maybe they just want to check yours

That's all I can get out of support is it's an update . Seeing as I was talking about R Link ,I assumed that's all it was .They aren't to hot on volunteering information :wub:.

I also had an issue with my Service Intervals showing that I needed an oil change in 7,400 miles . They told me at the dealership that the work they were doing then would fix that . It didn't !!!! . I'll press them for more info tomorrow.

I believe that some Kadjars had an issue with the Air Con hoses being incorrectly fitted resulting with water building up in the footwells . Maybe they just want to check yours

I haven't had any trouble but better to be safe than sorry

On 29/10/2015 at 6:52 PM, ulfire said:

The Kadjar is still a dream drive no issues there setting up the R Link 2 , however, was a frustrating affair . I hope the following helps others when their long waits are over , because there's sweet FA help on the R Link site :-

Initially I connected to the R Link store from the vehicle and the display told me it would take 72 hours to register R Link . In fact , I received a message that it had registered ( on My R Link ) within 24 hours: no problem there  :)

The next step was to register my car at My Renault online . This was done and it gave me a link to the R Link store and here's where the fun started . You have to create an account on the R Link store the usual stuff name address e mail and password and the VIN Number of the car , the next page asks you for the serial number of the R Link . This can be found on the R Link / System /Swipe to second page  > system information  and HUID is the serial number . I duly copied this into the web page and it was rejected . There is a second method described which involves inserting a USB key in the car leave it for a few minutes , remove it and then inserting it in your PC and R Link Download manager should read the serial number and enter it for you . This doesn't work . The problem is R Link Download Manager doesn't show on the web page anywhere so it doesn't read your serial number , the reason being, Download Manager only appears when you've actually created the account , but because you can't enter the serial number you can't create an account ....WTF !!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway , the solution is this  you find your HUID ( serial ) number on the R Link but you OMIT the first three letters ,in my case CAP , the serial  number is recognized at which point you wait for a validation e mail from Renault and you are in.

You may have further issues once you've got access to download manager . It will ask you for a location to download your updates to ,if any but the program will not see your USB key . I my case this was because I use Windows !0 and use either the Edge or Chrome Browsers neither of which support Java plug ins . You will need to use an earlier version of Internet Explorer ( 11 is fine)  ,FireFox,Safari basically anything that supports Java 

Agreed Kadjar is a great car (should be its 60% Qashqai!), but the rlink system is rubbish and a total ripoff costing nearly £300 if you want to renew all services after a year. What do you get, Coyote - total rubbish and a dangerous distraction, Nav - old crippled software out of date maps and speed data /warnings that are wrong plus traffic info that is not working or out of date. My android phone and tablet are both 500% better with subscription traffic service a tiny fraction of the price and maps always current. Renault must be joking, they need heads our of jacksy and sort it fast cos next time its no Renault for me.

After all this there weren't any updates anyway :D 

Hi,

I'm new in the forum and i just got my new Kadjar 2016 1.5 TDI ZEN.

i tried for the last 3 days to set up the R-link store and use it, but i just stuck! 

with the help of this article i've succeeded to register to the r-link store site by taking the HUID from the vehicle but i can't set up the USB drive to work with the R-link 2 tool box.

i made a format of my 16g USB drive to FAT32, pluged it to the car for 2 min, connected it to the computer and didn't got nothing.
( if i browse my USB drive i can see two directories, LOST.dir and R-LINK which has the file c4a253145033872982728.wls in it)

i also tried to work with the download manager, but i didn't got it from any of the browsers mentioned below. (firefox, opera, explorer11, chrom)

please help me. i dont know what can i do... maybe factory reset?
if factory reset can help, please tell me how can i do this?

Thanks in advance!

If you are seeing the files LOST.dir and R-Link , there should be no need to reset the R Link as it's already taken the "fingerprint " of your Kadjar .

You mentioned download manager which isn't the software you need . It was at one time , but never really worked . You need R Link 2 Toolbox ( downloadable from the store) and you're PC should then see your USB .

Hope this helps if not post again :)

2 hours ago, ulfire said:

If you are seeing the files LOST.dir and R-Link , there should be no need to reset the R Link as it's already taken the "fingerprint " of your Kadjar .

You mentioned download manager which isn't the software you need . It was at one time , but never really worked . You need R Link 2 Toolbox ( downloadable from the store) and you're PC should then see your USB .

Hope this helps if not post again :)

Hi,

thanks for your reply, 
as you can see, i wrote that i can't use the R-Link 2 toolbox.
my computer recognize well the USB drive, but the Toolbox do nothing when i connect the USB drive.

i tested this with three different USB drives and from my wife's computer as well.

my computer OS is Windows 7 enterprise 64bit.

actually in my Kadjar i cant connect to the appstore. i get an error that it cannot connect because of technical issue, try again later.

it's really frustrating me.

please advise me for more things to try. i realy want to enjoy from the R-Link 2 features.

Thanks again!  

Shouldn't be a problem with Windows 7 64 bit , I'm using Windows 10 64 bit without a problem . You seem to have formatted the USB correctly and 16GB isn't a problem . The R Link can take 72 hours to register but in my case it was one day so that shouldn't be a problem . Have you got data sharing switched on the R Link in the car ?  If the car isn't connecting to the store that may be your issue . possibly your best bet is to contact R Link Support 

17 hours ago, ulfire said:

Shouldn't be a problem with Windows 7 64 bit , I'm using Windows 10 64 bit without a problem . You seem to have formatted the USB correctly and 16GB isn't a problem . The R Link can take 72 hours to register but in my case it was one day so that shouldn't be a problem . Have you got data sharing switched on the R Link in the car ?  If the car isn't connecting to the store that may be your issue . possibly your best bet is to contact R Link Support 

Thanks again for your response!

Actually i didn't done the data sharing. I would like to know how.

And also, how can i register my R-link system if it's says that there is a technical issue?

My car isn't connected to the store. 

If it's OK from you, i would like to get step by step procedure of what to do in the car side.

I really appreciate your help!

Many thanks! 😇

The option to allow data sharing should pop up when the R Link is powered on ;-

Data sharing

You can authorise or reject data sharing

from the moment the system is started.

Select “App settings” from the My apps

menu, then Privacy. You can activate/

deactivate data sharing in this menu.

For more information, please refer to

the information on

“Privacy” in the section

“App settings”.

APP SETTINGS

« Data sharing »

This menu enables you to activate or

deactivate data sharing.

Note: In the event of deactivating data

sharing, certain apps may not operate

correctly.

« Notifications »

deactivate notifications issued by apps.

“App settings”

3 hours ago, ulfire said:

The option to allow data sharing should pop up when the R Link is powered on ;-

Data sharing

You can authorise or reject data sharing

from the moment the system is started.

Select “App settings” from the My apps

menu, then Privacy. You can activate/

deactivate data sharing in this menu.

For more information, please refer to

the information on

“Privacy” in the section

“App settings”.

APP SETTINGS

« Data sharing »

deactivate data sharing.

Note: In the event of deactivating data

sharing, certain apps may not operate

correctly.

« Notifications »

deactivate notifications issued by apps.

“App settings”

OK, I checked everything you wrote me.
i took some pictures of what i gotten: (please tell me if you know this issues.)

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-02 at 18.40.56 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-02 at 18.40.56.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-02 at 18.40.57.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-02 at 18.40.55 (1).jpeg

As long as to click on yes on your last picture it should be OK . The message you're having in the second picture is a little confusing though :blink: , may be the car isn't transmitting  . It may be best to follow that instruction and contact R Link support 

On 11/23/2015 at 10:49 AM, masammut said:

The app store icon on the RLink is grey and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable it from the car.

Any tips?

Thanks

I have the same problem and I have no idea why.

17 minutes ago, ulfire said:

First point of call is to reset the R Link . Hold the R Link power button in for at least 10 seconds until the unit reboots 

It didn't work, thanks for the tip though. Connect button is also greyed out, yesterday we were able to use it somehow. 

On 29/10/2015 at 9:52 PM, ulfire said:

Anyway , the solution is this  you find your HUID ( serial ) number on the R Link but you OMIT the first three letters ,in my case CAP , the serial  number is recognized at which point you wait for a validation e mail from Renault and you are in.

What do Mean by "OMIT " the first three letters .. can you explain more.. did not get this part ..  

Edited by Mishari

16 minutes ago, Mishari said:

What do Mean by "OMIT " the first three letters .. can you explain more.. did not get this part .. 

Your  HUID should show as CAP and a series of numbers . Do not enter CAP in the serial number box on the R Link Store .....only enter the numbers and / or letters that come after it