• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

R-Link Download Manager mystery
4 4

7 posts in this topic

Help required please from forum members as I am going round in circles. Trying to register on the R link store to get access to downloads, updates etc but I cannot do this until I I have the download manager which is on the R Link store, which I cannot access until I have set up my login which requires my RLink S/no ....

I've been running the toolbox and this doesn't seem to be of any use and not seeing my usb memory stick.

Please follow the steps below on the device in order to obtain the serial number:

Menu > System > on the 2nd page > System Information
(The serial number appears as HUID. )

Please note that you must remove the letters "CAP" at the beginning of the S/N and create account on the website below:

https://gb.rlinkstore.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the info you need is here http://renaultkadjarforum.co.uk/topic/145-r-link-2-set-up/ .

Some things are the same now as they were then . R Link Download Manager has gone ( good riddance ) and been replaced by R Link 2 Toolbox which seems problem free mostly . The internet browser issues seem to be gone ( I can now access the Store whichever browser I use . The serial number procedure is exactly the same .

I think we need to establish a dedicated R Link Page on the forum as was suggested by another member a few weeks back  . It would save R Link posts appearing all over the forum as they are at present .

Don't take offence please . This reply is not meant as admonishment or belittlement of members who have R Link issues ( I remember how confused I was when my Kadjar was new :) ). . It's merely supporting a previous member's  ( TripleH ) post for a separate R Link section and providing a link to my original R Link set up post a year ago :)

On 14/10/2016 at 11:50 PM, richey.ph said:

Please follow the steps below on the device in order to obtain the serial number:

Menu > System > on the 2nd page > System Information
(The serial number appears as HUID. )

Please note that you must remove the letters "CAP" at the beginning of the S/N and create account on the website below:

https://gb.rlinkstore.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just followed these instructions but I get a message sayin the VIN and the HUID number don't match??? 

9 hours ago, Midnightvelvet said:

I have just followed these instructions but I get a message sayin the VIN and the HUID number don't match??? 

Is it a new Kadjar ? If it is used maybe the R Link was changed at some time  ,hence the HUID and VIN not matching from their factory records 

On 15/10/2016 at 0:34 PM, ulfire said:

Most of the info you need is here http://renaultkadjarforum.co.uk/topic/145-r-link-2-set-up/ .

Some things are the same now as they were then . R Link Download Manager has gone ( good riddance ) and been replaced by R Link 2 Toolbox which seems problem free mostly . The internet browser issues seem to be gone ( I can now access the Store whichever browser I use . The serial number procedure is exactly the same .

I think we need to establish a dedicated R Link Page on the forum as was suggested by another member a few weeks back  . It would save R Link posts appearing all over the forum as they are at present .

Don't take offence please . This reply is not meant as admonishment or belittlement of members who have R Link issues ( I remember how confused I was when my Kadjar was new :) ). . It's merely supporting a previous member's  ( TripleH ) post for a separate R Link section and providing a link to my original R Link set up post a year ago :)

We do have a dedicated R link section on the forum , we asked motor mouth when he 1st took over to set up a section for the r link for the very reason the postings in other sections were getting flooded with r link issues and mods had to spend a lot of time moving postings to the correct section, I did ask for 2 sections originally one for R link and another for the  R link 2 but binned that cause the new unit is still r link but with apple carplay etc, myself and shedder are still occasionally having to move posts to the correct sections but it's a lot better than it was. Members old and new should really look into the, how to section 1st before they post for info or use the search function if possible. Remember anyone can post helpfull info in that section of the forum so please do . Lots of handy info in there from fellow members.😃👍👍👍👍👍