• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Electrical Failure Warning Message
4 4

11 posts in this topic

We have a 1.2 petrol Signature Nav Kadjar first registered Dec 2015.

The car is currently back with the dealer for the 4th time with the same problem, namely the warning message "danger, electrical failure, stop".

The first few times this message occurred we thought nothing about it until we went to the car one morning and it was dead. It went to the dealer who said the battery had discharged and it was now fine.

The message reoccurred and we took it straight back to the dealer for the second time. After a week of discussions with Renault technical they concluded that it was a wire that had not been earthed properly.

The third time, and after four weeks back at the dealership, the alternator was changed.

it is now back for the fourth time. My patience has run out and needless to say that I'm not impressed. I don't want to divulge the details of my discussions with customer services or the dealer but I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this problem? Renault seem to be at a loss as to how to fix it. Any advices appreciated.

many thanks. 

So the car has been back 3 times now with no resolution.  They are getting in "Renault Technical experts" in 3 weeks time to sort it out!  So we are without the car using a crappy service vehicle with not much faith in what's going on.  We have had to cancel our holiday to France and are getting  pretty sick of Renault by now.

I had the same issue this week engine started Chugging on the motorway saying total engine failure stop. Pulled in car would not 'e start . Got towed to dealer started again no issue and now fault has disappeared very frustrating as I don't trust the car now.

3 hours ago, niallhawes said:

I had the same issue this week engine started Chugging on the motorway saying total engine failure stop. Pulled in car would not 'e start . Got towed to dealer started again no issue and now fault has disappeared very frustrating as I don't trust the car now.

Is it diesel or petrol ? If diesel it could be a clogged DPF or it could be a false warning . I had a 1.5Dci Scenic which gave me that message . Diagnostics indicated a faulty injector or DPF . I had the injector changed on warranty ( the last day of warranty...phew ) , a month later it came up again . Turned out to be a duff battery , even though it gave no problems starting or driving . Maybe worth having it tested ? 

I had numerous electrical problems with my Kadjar. They always said it was "a fuse" but sometimes they needed more than 6 hours "to identify and change the fuse" which I think is too much even for the most stupid mechanic. It is true, once Renault guys send me to buy new fuses from a gas station near their garage because they were "out of stock".