• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Horrible build quality, where do I start?
1 1

35 posts in this topic

Hello,

First, I apologize for my bad English and now let's carry on.

Just got my black Kadjar with EDC gearbox and it seems to be very different from demo car I've driven earlier before this purchase. I have to mention, that I'm not from UK, so few things might be different, but most things are the same basically (I will try to convert kmh to mph). Driving experience is pretty horrible from where I stand, so here it is:

1. Driver side.

Driving over 45 mph I start to hear wind noise, which is way worse than on passenger side. Over 65 mph I get whistling noise, feels like window isn't completely shut or something like that. But boy oh boy, problems aren't over on this side. On bumps, uneven roads, on stereo bass (it's really not cranked up to maximum, neither is sound) something on door vibrates, rattles and get's really annoying.

2. The center.

While accelerating and deaccelerating, I hear electring sound through speakers which is probably coming from generator. Year 2016 everyone.

Center console and lower center console - creaks on corners, creaks where I touch with my foot, rattles on bumps, the quality everywhere is just horrible, same goes to AT's handle

3. The glovebox.

Rattles and creaks AMF on bumps and corners

4. RLink 2

Says "nope" to my Samsung Galaxy S7. Yes, firmware is updated, did it myself.

5. The EDC gearbox

On higher revs it kinda works ok, but if you want to move slowly from stationary, I occasionaly get rapidly pulled to front few times. 3-4 gear changes 0-25mph, maybe that's why

6. Interior

There are more creaking/rattling sounds on passenger side and further to back but it's hard to tell now, because the front "music" is a little bit too loud.

7. Start/Stop

The vibration from starting engine seems to reach my seat and is stronger than demo car I've driven. On demo car, I could barely even hear the engine starting but that's it, no vibrations were coming to driver's seat. 

So, should I get my money back or something? Or am I too nit-picky? I know it's C class but the price is pretty high for such things to be happening. Somehow I don't believe my dealership would be able to fix all of that and I don't believe I want them to. Maybe this piece of garbage shouldn't get fixed

P.S. I might have mixed rattle and creak words but I hope you get the point.

I can't speak for the S7 but the other noises I have never experienced on mine. There is a post somewhere in this forum where someone was experiencing wind noise and I believe the door seals are, or have been, replaced to correct this.

If it is as bad as you say why are you driving the thing around get it straight back to the dealer.

I have only driven 250 miles for 2 work days, I will be calling dealership today

I can't speak for the S7 but the other noises I have never experienced on mine. There is a post somewhere in this forum where someone was experiencing wind noise and I believe the door seals are, or have been, replaced to correct this.

Yeah, it would be nice, if it only was the wind noise problem. But with so many problems, I think I should completely return this car I guess

I have only 1000 miles in my car (1.2 manual) and my driving experience is better than in my company car (Audi A4) or my last cars (Laguna, Peugeot 407, VW Passat, Audi A4 ). I can suggest that next time you can try a BMW X5 (I was really satisfied with that car in my test drive!).

Yes, I agree with tobybar, the Kadjar that you have is rubbish, unlike the vast majority of Kadjars sold that have few or no problems. Some of your issues have been reported in isolation but not all together in the same vehicle. Take it back and insist they rectify the problems or ask for your money back.

It's a rubbish car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think "rubbish car" is a bit harsh , and you'll probably know from my posts that I'm not totally enamoured of the "Kadjar experience " . If it's as bad as Gabber says he or she should reject it now with the advisory rider that the glovebox will probably rattle with a replacement ...easily fixed by a felt pad or two

I think "rubbish car" is a bit harsh , and you'll probably know from my posts that I'm not totally enamoured of the "Kadjar experience " . If it's as bad as Gabber says he or she should reject it now with the advisory rider that the glovebox will probably rattle with a replacement ...easily fixed by a felt pad or two

I have to mention that I also get unpleasant vibrations through gas pedal over 25mph also :) Yeah, it's pretty bad, whole car feels not very well built. If it was only glovebox, that would be a joke to fix

Th kadjar as a whole is rubbish, if you have been through what I've been through with are Renault and the r link you would call it rubbish. I'm getting rid of it in January

Th kadjar as a whole is rubbish, if you have been through what I've been through with are Renault and the r link you would call it rubbish. I'm getting rid of it in January

I have been dealing with support for six months or more and appreciate where you are coming from there  .THEY ARE ABSOLUTE RUBBISH . I have brought up the issues the CEO's  office, citing bugs in R Link and plain old misleading advertising . Frankly it's like talking to a brick wall . They couldn't give a shit .

Like you , I may move on in the new year but , as I've told the CEO, this will be my last Renault

I've done the same letters to Paddy Magee in Ireland, I spoke to the after sales manager in Ireland Tim Devane waste of time. They don't care. What are you looking at, I'm thinking of a Skoda Superb or Vw Passat. I have a new baby so I need big boot and space

Kia Niro or Hyundai Ioniq . I'll need to see them in the metal first . The Niro is slightly smaller than the Kadjar  , The Ioniq is closer to the boot space (443 litres ) of the Kadjar . My wife gets NHS discount with Hyundai so that looks favourite and I'll have to convince her :)

Another thing about the Ioniq is , from my research , they will not be on sale at a dealership until that dealership is fully trained on the car

A lesson for Renault there , in my opinion :)

Gabber, It sounds like you have every issue that has been reported featured in one car.Its no wonder you are not best pleased.You should reject it while you can IMO.

Yeah :( It's such a shame, overall it could be very good car for price, here where I bought it, it's cheaper than in UK. Paid 23k € and I have almost everything in this car, except full LED lights, full leather and 4WD. But build quality is horrible, I'm afraid to buy or change into another Renault car. Maybe I would trade it for Megane, but again I'm kinda afraid to do it. Safe bet I guess would be for me to go for f**** Passat or something like that

Honestly, for 23k€ you are far away from everything... Assume you have an TCe engine... In case you have dCi you are just above entry...

'Cause LED, 4WD and leather will cost you arround 30k and with all options more like 32k. So calvulating 10% off (if you are good in dealing) still costed you 29k.

Sorry to hear you're having issues! I had a very similar problem with my first Kadjar which to cut a very long story short I rejected it within 48hrs of owning.

I since ordered a replacement model which is perfect and a dream to drive, I have a few niggles with the software but nothing to alarm me.

Email the CEO of Renault, whether its UK or elsewhere, I did and had an amazing response within 6 hrs of sending the email. I'm glad I did my replacement car completely restored my faith in the Kadjar and the Renault brand.

If you need and expert advice on this forum I suggest you speak to GoodDeal who sourced my replacement car, he beat any Renault dealer on price and was great to deal with!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly, for 23k€ you are far away from everything... Assume you have an TCe engine... In case you have dCi you are just above entry...

'Cause LED, 4WD and leather will cost you arround 30k and with all options more like 32k. So calvulating 10% off (if you are good in dealing) still costed you 29k.

here kadjar starts from 17k €

Sorry to hear you're having issues! I had a very similar problem with my first Kadjar which to cut a very long story short I rejected it within 48hrs of owning.

I since ordered a replacement model which is perfect and a dream to drive, I have a few niggles with the software but nothing to alarm me.

Email the CEO of Renault, whether its UK or elsewhere, I did and had an amazing response within 6 hrs of sending the email. I'm glad I did my replacement car completely restored my faith in the Kadjar and the Renault brand.

If you need and expert advice on this forum I suggest you speak to GoodDeal who sourced my replacement car, he beat any Renault dealer on price and was great to deal with!

Good luck!

I wish I were living in UK :) Yeah but I'm not sure I'm brave enough for another failure. My car seems like pre-release model, 1 year after release, it is pretty unacceptable to me. These mistakes should not be forgiven under such competition

Obviously quality is divided according to importance of market. Your's Kadjar souds like prestaged model from opening... I drowe one of those a year ago and was all the same you described. In other hand, mine, which I hand over at the begining of this year is quite solid in all ways.

Obviously quality is divided according to importance of market. Your's Kadjar souds like prestaged model from opening... I drowe one of those a year ago and was all the same you described. In other hand, mine, which I hand over at the begining of this year is quite solid in all ways.

I wonder if my problems are "enough" to return this car back to the dealer. Everything kinda works, not sure that bad plastic quality can be part of the deal. I'm now waiting for an answer

I wonder if my problems are "enough" to return this car back to the dealer. Everything kinda works, not sure that bad plastic quality can be part of the deal. I'm now waiting for an answer

I assume you are living somwhere in southeastern part of Europe... Check warranty statements... How much general warranty do you have? 24 months/unlimited on whole car? Carefully prepare a list of all failures you noticed. Go back to dealer and claim warranty. In meantime you are eligable to have an substitute car... Next step is to contact Renault-Nissan representative, describe situation, how many times you you return car to repair and that situation is still the same and you demand a new car...

I have heard for same problem with Traffic Passenger... In 6 months was more in garage on repairs then on the road. Refuse the car is not an option here... After those 6 monts Renault-Nissa aproved to change a car with a brand new one. And after that a new car is problemless...

Wow.. where's that?

I assume you are living somwhere in southeastern part of Europe... Check warranty statements... How much general warranty do you have? 24 months/unlimited on whole car? Carefully prepare a list of all failures you noticed. Go back to dealer and claim warranty. In meantime you are eligable to have an substitute car... Next step is to contact Renault-Nissan representative, describe situation, how many times you you return car to repair and that situation is still the same and you demand a new car...

I have heard for same problem with Traffic Passenger... In 6 months was more in garage on repairs then on the road. Refuse the car is not an option here... After those 6 monts Renault-Nissa aproved to change a car with a brand new one. And after that a new car is problemless...

I live in Lithuania. Well considering the law here, you can return stuff in 14 days if it has bad quality. The warranty is 5 years or 100k km but if they start repairing the car,  I can kiss any dream to return this car a goodbye because then I would be choosing warranty over return and I will be stuck with this preview garbage. I hope I won't need any court help

here kadjar starts from 17k €

In Eastern Europe Kadjar is cheaper than in Western countries. In my country the cheapest Renault Kadjar is 14.650 Euro (a medium level Dacia Duster is about 15.000 Euro). Many times the price is reflected in quality.

My Renault Kadjar is Zen level  (medium) and is about 20.000 Euros. I can say that after a few improvements (light in the glove box, auto folding mirrors and LED door sill) it is a decent car. I will not expect a BMW X5 quality (70.000 Euro), I will expect just a better quality than Dacia Duster.