Heated seat project
3 3

36 posts in this topic

As well as the other 'projects' I have going on, I intend to retrofit heated seats. I already have the parts that I removed from my Megane (was a kit), the pads I didn't stick them in purposely so I could remove them.

I called into my local dealer today to try and obtain the OE switches, the parts guy couldn't get his head around what I was doing needless to say, he came back after a long wait and told me I need a vin or reg of a Signature S so he could track down the parts

He said have a look on the forums to see if any one has done this, my answer, that'll be me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not spent any real time in the Nissan but aren't the switches the same as in the cumquat? You could probably get them out of a breakers for little money if that's the case?

That's if you can even find a breakers these days!

I have the looms switches etc but was looking at the original switches which now is out if the question.

I visited a dealer in Leicester today, sat outside was a Kadjar with the very switches, the parts guy took the reg, showed me the screen, the replacement switch housing is £70, the switches are not available yet, so it's back to my new 3 position switches from Belgium d5d1abc3d5e96028aaebc6000a25a707.jpg

Installed my heated seats last weekend, end up doing the drivers seat twice, removing and refitting due to the central rib that runs front to back is actually a Velcro strip that hooks the cover to the foam cushion.

So slightly different than my Megane but slight alteration and all in.

Didn't use the Renault switches but used a 20mm round 2 position illuminated switch

I was going to do an install guide but the last one I did got that many comments about warranty issues that I'd thought I'd not bother, although it doesn't help folk who might want to have a go there's nothing like having a guide

The centre line of the seat has a Velcro strip, to maintain the definition of the front to back lines I cut slots in the pads to enable them to fit around the centre Velcro lineea8f4d6ef663eb4cbaf9f492cf0f91c1.png(library image)

The covers come undone pretty easy from the back to enable the pads to be slotted in, the come with ds tape which I didn't use, makes it easy for removal.

The back rest has a couple of split rings in which are hard to get at, the split rings pull the bottom profile seam in to give it definition. They are still in the seat but I used tie wraps to replace them.

Makes it easy to remove and put back to original just in case

Brilliant job, if I'd of known this was possible I wouldn't of gone for the leather seats would of preferred fabric seating.
Love seeing your modifications, I'm thinking of doing the auto fold wing mirror modification.
All the best!

Brilliant job, if I'd of known this was possible I wouldn't of gone for the leather seats would of preferred fabric seating.
Love seeing your modifications, I'm thinking of doing the auto fold wing mirror modification.
All the best!

Thanks for the encouragement, just trying to share my adventures.

Mirror thing is fairly easy to do, the one I used is mostly plug and play, just have to be confident to remove the door card. Don't know if anyone's done a video yet. I would wait until it warms up a bit, clips tend to break in the cold

All the best!

Mirror thing is fairly easy to do, the one I used is mostly plug and play, just have to be confident to remove the door card. Don't know if anyone's done a video yet. I would wait until it warms up a bit, clips tend to break in the cold

What's the door card? I will be doing mine later this years . Thanks

The inner door trim is held on, mostly with plastic clips
9800c28a68b9df6496787ceeb2421fe5.jpg
The plastic is not very forgiving when cold. Best wait until it's a bit warmer then it should pop off with just a tug.
If I remember rightly I think there are only 2 or 3 screws.
Door card, door panel door trim, here's a cee'd couldn't find one from a k'jar

a9505b6e65dfac793522ce30841f54d6.jpg

What's the door card? I will be doing mine later this years . Thanks

Hi
My Kadjar doesn't have heated seats from factory either.

But isn't the original heaters always there?
i was thinking to just add the buttons and it would work?

What did you find out in your adventures? ;)