• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Dash Cams
1 1

20 posts in this topic

What I can't understand is that given there is at least 1 forward facing camera already fitted into the car, why this can't perform a dash cam function. After all it on all the time whilst driving!

Which ones you looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised that hasn't happened.

Camera at the front for LDWS and speed sign recognition.....

Camera at the rear for parking.....

I mean seriously how much extra would it cost to implement?

If the manufacturer sells cars in Russia it should be standard fit streaming all driving content straight to YouTube to provide hours of "mental drivers" content!

I put one in the front of my Kadjar after my friend got done in a 'crash for cash' scam.

This is the one I got from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VLYY04G

Very small and discreet, quality seems fine. No idea how long it'll last as it's an unknown make, but for the price it's decent.

P.s. i did a lot of research, and this is the smallest one I could find with decent quality footage. There seem to be lots of different brands on ebay and amazon selling this same camera - seems like everyone just sticks their own brand on it.

@ JesseRice. I was looking at something similar. Where do you take power from?

Any pics of how you have it fitted?

Ta

It comes with a really long lead, so i wired it around the edge of the car. I was able to push the lead under the trim along the top of windscreen, but not along the edge, so i bought some self adhesive clips from ebay to hold the wire, couple of quid.

It looks okay, although if i did it again i'd try and get clips with black self adhesive rather than white, as you can see the white backing easily through the windscreen. You could alternatively stick the clips to the side pillar rather than the windscreen though.

P.s. Most of these come with a usb lead, and mine also came with a cigarette lighter usb adaptor. At first i tried plugging it directly into the car usb socket, but when i switched off the engine the camera stayed on. It seemed that the car was still sending power to the socket. (The cam is supposed to switch off with the engine.) But when i used the adaptor, in the lighter socket, it switched off immediately :-)

On a related note, does anyone know how to send dashcam footage to the police?

On a couple of occasions I've seen some illegal, and very dangerous driving, would rather like to send them the footage.

I looked online but couldn't find anything, not even on police websites...you would have thought the police would love to be able to prosecute bad drivers without using up their own manpower.

I also have a cam fitted https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015CDXTMU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 it also comes with a long lead. I managed to conceal it behind the windscreen trim and then into the side dashboard panel and then along where the glove box opens and into the cigplug. You can only really see it if you are looking for it I am very pleased with it so far.  

On a related note, does anyone know how to send dashcam footage to the police?

On a couple of occasions I've seen some illegal, and very dangerous driving, would rather like to send them the footage.

I looked online but couldn't find anything, not even on police websites...you would have thought the police would love to be able to prosecute bad drivers without using up their own manpower.

I just phoned 101, Police came round to house to view the footage and copied it onto a memory stick