Niggles???
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Hi I'm new to this forum. I have been waiting with anticipation for my delivery date in september however since joining this forum I keep reading about problems with the Kadjar and now i'm starting to worry I've bought a pig in a poke. Can I be confident that I have a great car coming or do I have a lot of problems ahead?

Hi,

For me the car has had no issues. Some minor aspects with regards bluetooth on phone, but resolved now.

I have concerns over the maps, cost and updates etc. However, the car has been faultless in driving and reliability. Some people have had issues, but I am certainly not one of them and now 6k miles on the clock from April and I think I've finally run the engine in :-)

Overall I am happy with what was delivered to me, indeed my 2 trips to a dealer (one to pick up and one to software update) have been fine also so overall I have a good experience.

Most of the niggles have been with the early adopters of the car I have had mine since November last year and have had a couple of things wrong but the car is running fine. I wouldn't worry the newer cars won't have the same problems I don't think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car drives faultlessly , the R Link is a little  buggy ( though nothing major ), the Sat Nav is poor , Support is atrocious . Overall I wouldn't describe the car as a " pig in a poke " . Would I buy another......NO :)

The car drives faultlessly , the R Link is a little buggy ( though nothing major ), the Sat Nav is poor , Support is atrocious . Overall I wouldn't describe the car as a " pig in a poke " . Would I buy another......NO :)

is that more because how Renault have treated you or the car? I think there are less niggles as the newer cars are coming out but I do agree about the sat nav it's not great and a year support isn't enough most are 3 years standard so not liking that.

Thanks to all that replied. I think I feel more confident now. If I'm reading it right the car itself is good just software and technical issues that the general consensus is that these are being resolved. Hopefully anyone with problems are now in a better place. I experienced similar types of problems when the latest clio model was issued and only stayed with Renault because of the great way the dealership responded which resulted in a phone call from Renault and a coupon for £250 to cover a service or anything I wanted. the new clio I have now works a treat. Just wish Renault would learn lessons

is that more because how Renault have treated you or the car? I think there are less niggles as the newer cars are coming out but I do agree about the sat nav it's not great and a year support isn't enough most are 3 years standard so not liking that.

Bit of both really  . One dealer I will not go near again the other was OK even though they didn't totally fix all the issues . Reading between the lines Renault don't really help the service departments . I had an appointment cancelled three times  because " the technician wasn't there that day " . Aren't they training all  their technicians ? . My thoughts on After Sales Support are  well documented ...three brass monkeys ..see ,hear and say nothing of value ..apart from a couple of them . As I said some time ago , it's a great car but could be better 

Thanks to all that replied. I think I feel more confident now. If I'm reading it right the car itself is good just software and technical issues that the general consensus is that these are being resolved. Hopefully anyone with problems are now in a better place. I experienced similar types of problems when the latest clio model was issued and only stayed with Renault because of the great way the dealership responded which resulted in a phone call from Renault and a coupon for £250 to cover a service or anything I wanted. the new clio I have now works a treat. Just wish Renault would learn lessons

Don't worry about my more negative comments . The car is excellent . The little niggles are just that ;  minor issues none of which ruin my enjoyment of the car . My only disappointment is that Renault haven't sorted all the issues out after 14 months ( European launch date ) .  

My Kadjar and previous 2 cars were bought new. And TBH I had a shed of issues with both the previous cars.

Looking back I should have rejected the last one but stuck it out for 3 and a bit years.

Thankfully the dealer was great and covered every single thing with no quibbles. Hopefully Renault will be as obliging when the time comes...

So far all is good with the Kadjar. Yes some niggles but nothing big and for most it's just a case of getting used to things, different strokes and all that.

I think these days industry wide quality control has gone down the toilet so to expect anything let alone a car to be even close to 90% problem free from new is a bit of a pipe dream.

I've owned a few second hand Alfas in the past and by modern standards they seemed to be just as "problem free" as the new metal that is being sold today!