• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Getting to know each other.
1 1

32 posts in this topic

Ok then I'll start.  :rolleyes:

I live in Swansea and the names Kerry, married with 1 boy, who like me enjoys his cars, he's just bought a new Alfa Giulietta clover leaf with paddle shift, very nice car.

I'm not into sports as such but do like to watch boxing and a bit of rugby, but only if its the "big games", such as the world cup at the moment.

I do enjoy a tipple, especially the weekends after working shifts all week, at the moment I work for a company that atomises alloys to sell onto the likes of Rolls Royce, Samsung, The MOD, Bosch and even the Red Bull formula one team,  for MIM (metal injection moulding).

Longest I've kept a car was four and half years, that was my last car before this Kadjar, which was a Peugeot RCZ GT, a cracking car.

I actually ended up buying it brand new after joining a RCZ forum and got talking to a Peugeot sales manager who offered me a good deal. 

I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to cleaning/polishing a car, I've been known to spend anything up to 10 hours washing,polishing, waxing my car. (then it bloody rains).

I enjoy DIY, and even if I say so myself, not too bad at most things. I used to fit kitchens, bathrooms, tiling, anything household really, so if anyone needs advice I might be able to offer some help.

Computers, not really my thing, so I try to avoid anything too techy in regards to computers.   

So come on then, join in, open up & dont be shy  .

You might end up being friends for life  :wub:    :P  :lol:

Hi there,

I'm Roger from the Rhondda ,married with two sons, both not interested in driving, hence the need for a large car . I've never bought a new car in my life ,being an ex TV engineer , it came with the job so I've driven ,and crashed ,plenty of new cars .I've calmed down a bit driving ,was a bit of a old man racer, decided to calm down after I almost got a totting up ban about 5 years ago .

Mostly into football,Bluebirds I'm afraid , cricket and rugby if they pass the ball more and not hoof it from one end of the field to the other . I like  to keep my car clean ,but not freakish about it ,I'll do DIY ,but only if I have to so I guess I may come to you for advice some time  :D

Nice to meet you, jactac.

42 year old Norwegian here. Married, with two little daughters. Not really a car nut, but really obsessed at the moment after ordering my Kadjar.

It will be my fourth consecutive Renault. Previous models were Renault 19 (1995?), flame red Laguna (2002), and a black Laguna (2008) that I'm driving now.

Really interested in learning more about how to take care of my car in the best way in regards to washing, waxing etc. My current car have been a bit neglected lately, which has reduced the resale value :-(

Hi names Alan as per the handle.

Four children all grown up and left home now and eight grandchildren, this will be my second new car the first being the qashqai which I have now, my last four cars were little two seater's two MX5's and two BMWZ4s but my back gave up in the end plus I needed some extra space for the grands kids especially when on the school run, take some to school in the morning and collect more at the end but I love it. I took early retirement to help out so my eldest daughter could go back to university (she is now a midwife). Hobbies mucking about with computers I seem to have become the local tech guy.  Great to meet you all. 

Morning.  I'm Leigh (yes I have an imaginative username) and I am male as most people presume I am female with that spelling.  Live in Essex, work as an IT Manager in London.  Two teenage children of which one loves the third row of seats in the Grand Scenic so he is unimpressed with the lack of such a row in the Kadjar.  We have owned two Scenics and two Grand Scenics since the late 90s and threw in a Picasso in 2002 so we've learnt how to deal with French cars although, touch wood, we have had very little trouble with them.  I enjoy football and F1.  I'm a lifelong Arsenal supporter due to my Grandad being born in the area and have a soft spot for the past glories of the Williams F1 team.  I can be a bit opinionated, as jactac knows, but I'll do my best to reign that in :o     

Hi my name is Graeme , l live in Livingston Scotland . Three kids  all grown  up plus two  grandchildren . Big football fan ,Rangers season ticket holder ( dont laugh lol). I look after  my wife who has  been ill for along time .Present car is a Sportage which is a  great  car so the Kadjar  has alolot  to live up to. Love old cars, especially Granadas previously  owned 5 of them. those were  the days  when  you could take them apart lol.Looking forward  to some good  crack on a good few subjects . Cheers  for now.

See, a completely mixed bunch, and all brought together by one thing, the Kadjar.

Looks like so far we got some footy mad, Renault loving, computer nuts.

Anyone that supports the Bluebirds must be nuts, eh Roger.  ;)

Then again the Swans are looking a bit sad these days  :(

All we need now is a lap dancing midget and we'll have a full house.  :P

Like Leigh, I can be a bit opinionated and jump in without asking questions first, probably my upbringing. :ph34r:

I've actually calmed down a lot over the last few years, but I really do get the hump if I feel I'm having the real P**S taken out of me, not in the banter way, I can go all day with sarcy banter, I thrive on it, I love a dry witty sense of humour, it creases me up.  :P

Has anyone been watching that live programme on TV last night (and tonight), about building the Mini.

The assemblers are allowed a maximum of 68 seconds per task when assembling the car.  

The way things are looking I think Renault built my whole car in less than 68 seconds.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

@ Reacher.

Did you opt for the G3 glasscoat, it come with a small aftercare kit.

One of the item is the water less spray cleaner, I tried a bit of it and I was impressed.

I'm usually against anything like this as I think a car should always be wet prior to washing, but I took a chance and gave this a go and it gave off a lovely finish.

You can buy it separately and use it on any paint finish for a quick detailing.

My usual regime is, wash with MER shampoo using lambs wool mitt (wet car first), dry off with micro fibre towel, polish with Autoglym Super Resin Polish, wax with, DoDo Light prime.

Autoglym Super resin is good at hiding swirls because its a polymer polish with "fillers". 

To avoid swirls in the first place, AVOID automatic car washes, and use a lambs wool mitt to wash the car, NEVER use a sponge as it holds in grit in its pores. 

That ends today class.

Tomorrow I will be talking about the best way to catch & cook a chipmonk, and how its fur can be used as a duster on alloy wheels.  :blink:

So tune in same time same channel.   :P

jactac:

I have no idea about glasscoat or not. Flame red metallic is all I know. About £85 more expensive than the other colors. But it must be the nicest colored car I've seen.

Thanks for the cleaning info. Where would one buy lambs wool mitts?

Edit: I'll never use an automatic car wash again.

No the G3 Glass coat is an optional extra, most dealers offer it and the price vary's from dealer to dealer.

I had it done for £150 instead of £299 as part of my deal.

Its applied at the dealers before you collect the car, Google it  for more info.

The only reason I opted for it is because I had similar product applied to my RCZ and I was amazed at how it kept the paintwork in tip top condition.

Hi so I'm Chris an architect living in leafy Surrey. Work in ascot so every other car is either the RR, Bentley, jag Porsche , RRover etc...owned ever type of car from Alfa to my current seat. Best car I've owned.. Well my freetrack is a real wolf in sheeps clothing and is basically a golf gti on stilts! But the one I loved and miss the most is my Lancia delta Integrale... I really do regret selling it!.. But had to get a deposit to buy a house! Wanted to be a car designer but courses in the country were so limited so opted to design buildings instead.. For my degree I designed a car museum!!! So u can tell I'm a car nut. Love F1 and am related to Marino Andretti via my father! Met him at Monza when I was 7 ! Told him my favourite driver was Ronnie Peterson his team mate! Design is all important to me.. I've often thought the easiest job in the world is to design next Porsche 911... Exactly what changes???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fairy Nuff

When I checked my original order it already stated glass coat was with the car ,Sean double checked it and confirmed it . I just checked my invoice and G3 is on it plus the pack

No charge for G3 glass coat at all ?

Was it part of your "deal" ?

Its on my order too, but there's a charge next to it, ok discounted but still a charge.

Its definitely an optional extra.

I think you've probably gained this as part of your deal

Can I ask if they offered a discount on the cars listed price.

A discount of around £3700 against the listed Signature diesel price was on the table at my dealers.  

I wish autocar would stop doing images of how the car could look done by their own graphics staff cod it looks crap! Must have been a late Friday job because it's a bastardisation of a golf with a skoda front!.. The delta will never be match by a modern interpretation produced by fiat Chrysler now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there, I live in Yorkshire (originally from Scotland) married with 2 kids

Love my sport (watching more than playing) especially my football (Hearts) and rugby (so gutted about Sunday's result) plus love darts too

Not a major car nut but do get into it when I am in the process of choosing a new company car which led me to this forum as I have opted for a Kadjar. Currently in a Renault Megane ST (which has been great but is showing its age) and previous company car was an Audi A3 which I loved (did contemplate it this time around but with all the stuff going on with VW and defeat devices didn't want to go with any VW group cars).

Really pleased (hopefully!) with my choice of a Kadjar

I  put some details up when I joined but ill put a bit more  I'm married, the Kadjar will be my wife's , when it turns up, i've got two grown up teacher, one lives in France . I'm a chef and do four on four off shifts . Love music, and used to be a resident DJ playing alternative music in 3 clubs .I cycle to work 15 miles over  the moors 20% hills each way so pretty fit . Love F1 and real ale. I'm an ameteur detailer  and I show my car winning best in show on occasions, my cars an VW Passat R36 , only 137 in the whole of the uk and last one registered, and looks better than new. Its a bit of a gas guzzler 15 to 20 round town , but only do around 20 miles a week as I said before I cycle   .Its got a 3.6 V6 and 345 bhp and unrestricted and 4x4 so very capable and under 5 seconds to 60 . As we live on the moors in Yorkshire and my wife works in an isolated place 2nd highest in west yorkshire and it snows first in these areas too, that's why we went for a true 4x4  , we have been looking for a replacement for her  Hyundai Ix35, the replacement same spec Tucson was 32k though, silly money, but we liked the spec, sat nav panoramic roof and 4x4 so the sig nav was near enough apart from being 1.6 not 2.0 and no heated rear seats , I'm Alan by the way but I guessed you got that 

Hi I'm Andrew been a member for a few months but this is my first post. I'm 43 from Caerphilly South Wales living in sin with the mrs with one daughter who's 3 I was a printer but had a accident in work in 2000 and damaged the discs muscles and nerves in my lower back which an op couldn't fix so now registered disabled. The kadjar is my 4th motability car after 2 Peugeots a 307/308 and a Nissan Qashqai n-tec+ I had a few cars before my accident but can't be bothered to list them lol. I plumped for the dym s 1.5dCi though kind of wished I gone for the sig but hey ho this car is fine I went with the flame red colour I actually wanted the black the mrs wanted the blue my daughter picked the red so that's what we went with and to be honest glad I did as my sister has the dym 1.5dCi in black and I like mine better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk