• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Illuminated sill plates
7 7

90 posts in this topic

Draw the light out towards you and unplug the connector careful to make sure it doesn't drop bback.

On the back side it's a bit like a circuit board, metal lines.

So the idea is to pickup the interior light +12v and 0v ground

fa44964287b26f44a5b86052b58806df.jpg

So here I have soldered directly onto the tracks my red and black I used a connector but bullets or similar connections will be ok

54b39eb4d92ca88b948868464cfde1d1.jpg

To do this, tin the metal strips first, tin the wire then solder together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

469255712471cd66e20b74bdf082a435.jpg

Here's the black or 0v

Next run the twin wire out through the light hole toward the screen and out the head lining, use a stiffer draw wire if you can't get it through

f54f438a6c773f5664045a08dd3c5d96.jpg

At this stage another twin cable can be run down the other side, or connect in the footwell for the opposite side

Pass the end of the cable around the A pillar taking care not to interfere with clips etc

a87756e5ff363458672b1284a0cd822e.jpg

16ff353be76a738e67cfbb07f4f47285.jpg

Once the cable is in the door aperture use a plastic card to pop the wire in the head lining

f3dd8ffa93001e5de9c8de07cb3684cb.jpgf3dd8ffa93001e5de9c8de07cb3684cb.jpg

Continue running the wire following the door seal to the footwell to the lower trims, the door rubber seal can then be replaced

Contacted the supplier yesterday if the sill plats,

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32660542492.html

I'm thinking of doing the rear doors as well, will post an update when I get them done.

I'm also thinking of a trim plate to go under the number plate on the rear bumper on the shelf thingy.

Just think there is something missing.

Hi guys, 

I'm here to ask for some hint, I think you are those who could help me. 

When ordering these sill plates I found this forum and ordered after studying 

Let me come to my issue:

First, I own a 2016 Dacia Duster and last week finally could install the plates, as I could see here I plugged them directly to my inner map/reading light and it worked so far... 

Well, as soon as I unlock the doors, the sills start glowing, but when I open the door from inside - it doesn't matter whether the engine is still running - the interior lights turn on, but the door sills don't. 

I can't see another way to get them running... Hope you can

Thanks and greets

Hermsch 

I’d say you have them connected to a permanent supply.  You’ll need to connect in to one of your interior lights so they follow them. 

I presume you have overhead map reading lights, that are part of the interior lights.  You have probably picked up the permanent supply, which the map light needs to work when the vehicle is running.

Use a multi meter or test light to find the right connection

Thanks Daren, 

Though I tried several connections by now, I will give it another try tomorrow, maybe I got some thoughts wrong during Installation 

Ibcan tell more tomorrow