• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Illuminated sill plates
7 7

90 posts in this topic

So, basicaly you connected to cabin lights loom, which is active on door open/close event? Is this diagram from original sill plates or from AliExpress? Asking, to get whole this part in PDF...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate the thought of splicing into other wires etc, something would go wrong. Could the wiring go into the fuse box using one of them piggyback fuses?

I have the same problem. More than this I don't want to have problems with the warranty so I will go to a Renault service.

Remember that those things are not... how can I say?.... I am sure that you have some kind of institution to approve car parts as being safe to be used. We sure have (RAR - Romanian Auto Authority).

A true story: years ago I was waiting in an auto service lobby (an important car producer). A lady was in front of me complaining that the clutch of her almost new car was not function normally. The guy from the desk told her that it is not covered by warranty because she used “aftermarket and not approved rubber mats”. He explained, with an idiotic smile I can say, that because those mats were not approved they could roll under the clutch pedal and that’s why she lost warranty.

You are complaining about Renault UK customer services, hi, hi, hi, think again!!!!

Sorry for off topic but I think it is somehow linked with the subject!

Nope , not complaining about Renault , I said any manufacturer and should have said in any trade . Send a TV in for repair under warranty and see what happens if the wiring has been modified by the customer . I should think Auto manufacturers are no different  . The story you  relate sort of enforces that ...crazy as it may be ( the service guy's statement not your story )  :)

I can only speak for my trade and it would void the warranty . At the end of the day you're adding an extra load to the power supply , in this case the battery , which is present in the design electrical specifications . With sill lighting it shouldn't make a great difference but I would be inclined to ask Renault first and get the answer in writing  :)

Nope , not complaining about Renault , I said any manufacturer and should have said in any trade . Send a TV in for repair under warranty and see what happens if the wiring has been modified by the customer . I should think Auto manufacturers are no different . The story you relate sort of enforces that ...crazy as it may be ( the service guy's statement not your story ) :)

Well I think that all this discisions about the warranty are relative... I spoke with main mechanic at my garage/dealership and he offered me a full support... In manuals, knowledge... If I know what I want and I will prepare all necesarry task he will made me all electric modifications. And that means that will be under authorised personel and warranty is still valid. He will charge me 20€/hour...

Temptating offer, ha?

"The Warranty does not cover: - Any components of the Vehicle that have been changed following the Registration Date and the consequences (including but not limited to damage, premature wear, alterations) of such changes on other parts or components of the Vehicle or on the Vehicle’s specifications. The fitting of RENAULT approved accessories installed without following RENAULT’s recommendations as provided with the accessory or shown on the packaging or advised to the Customer by RENAULT and/or the RENAULT Network from time to time."

As buder says email them first  :)

So, basicaly you connected to cabin lights loom, which is active on door open/close event? Is this diagram from original sill plates or from AliExpress? Asking, to get whole this part in PDF...

This is from the instructions from Renault that come with the sidebars that are OE the instructions are available on the web. This is where Renault recommend you connect to, they even tell you to cut the wire and use butt connectors. I'd rather splice into the wire then I haven't cut the wire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6a696b1d534aa7631618f589aace8722.jpgae5366d11bb36b1807348da52d6ec38a.jpg

I use these AMP mate N lock connectors, the wire from the sill protector just runs under the rubber door seal.

I did the same sought of thing, on my wife's juke 3 years ago, removed in January and reinstalled in the new Juke, as per Nissan instructions for illuminated Sill protectors OE parts and instructions.

If we all thought that way, we'd all be driving around in boxes!!

You'll never catch me owning a Kia Soul  :P . I tend to buy a car based on whether or not it has everything I want on it . The Kadjar fitted the bill and that was that . There's a lad that I work with who's a constant pimper and he's ruined two cars in three years , and I mean made unroadworthy . It's the result of not knowing what he's doing . It's only for people with the knowledge , of  which you seem to be one . :)

What's a big order and was there a price discussed?

Fanny Fu answer: Usually 10sets will have 20% discounts for ordinary light. The battery light will have MIQ 200pcs.

I received the package today (order placed on August 14th). When I will be called for r-link update I will install them and I will put some pictures here. They have some dynamic lights (I choose blue) for about 30 seconds and than the light is off.

Update: Today I asked Renault to mount the door sill. I will be back with their answer!

You'll never catch me owning a Kia Soul :P . I tend to buy a car based on whether or not it has everything I want on it . The Kadjar fitted the bill and that was that . There's a lad that I work with who's a constant pimper and he's ruined two cars in three years , and I mean made unroadworthy . It's the result of not knowing what he's doing . It's only for people with the knowledge , of which you seem to be one . :)

Unfortunately while I would have thought that common sense would come into the factor somewhere, in his case he hasn't learnt.

I would recommend you tackle the wiring only if you are competent to do so.

I try to keep to the manufacturers way of adding accessories. Keeps it easy!

Unfortunately while I would have thought that common sense would come into the factor somewhere, in his case he hasn't learnt.

Bang on there , the guy I mentioned couldn't work out how far he'd travel if he did 60mph for 1 hour .....genuine  :D  

You'll never catch me owning a Kia Soul :P . I tend to buy a car based on whether or not it has everything I want on it . The Kadjar fitted the bill and that was that . There's a lad that I work with who's a constant pimper and he's ruined two cars in three years , and I mean made unroadworthy . It's the result of not knowing what he's doing . It's only for people with the knowledge , of which you seem to be one . :)