• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Illuminated sill plates
7 7

97 posts in this topic

I took power straight of the back of the aux socket, which feeds the coil 86 and 87 of a 40 amp relay. My main power comes from a 12mm cable in the n/s foot well though a fuse to the relay 30 then out on 87 through 3 fuse holders 1. Heated seats (to be installed) 2. Dash cam (mini dvr) 3. Towbar bypass power (next job)

Power follows aux socket power.

I'm away, could've done a how to for the footwell lights etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance of a few pics of where wiring is etc, please

If anyone wants help finding a power source for footwell lights etc I'll try and help

would there be enough power if you connected them to the door connection when you open and close the door as in the interior lights

Ordered some custom made sill plates, arrived today and fitted

when you placed the order did you click custom? And is there an option to say you wanted Kadjar on it and color! As I'd be interested in white. Regards Carl

When I ordered I just write that I need for Kadjar and with blue light but no "custom logo". I also told to the Chinese girl that I want to be exactly like the one they made for Darenh. They sent me the sketch made for Darenh to be approved (see the picture).

So, the cost was 62 USD (47.89 GBP) . 

post-514-0-51093700-1471667533_thumb.png

When I ordered I just write that I need for Kadjar and with blue light but no "custom logo". I also told to the Chinese girl that I want to be exactly like the one they made for Darenh. They sent me the sketch made for Darenh to be approved (see the picture).

So, the cost was 62 USD (47.89 GBP) .

Sorry folks not keeping up, that's my original sketch on the wood

would there be enough power if you connected them to the door connection when you open and close the door as in the interior lights

Exactly, they are just connected to the interior lights. You can pick up the interior light feed in the A pilar or as I did directly off the interior light.

Someone said on here that the Renault sill plates are battery operated and the battery should last 3 years. Instead of having hardwired ones  from Aliexpress do they also do battery ones? Or was the original order for hardwired and not battery?

Someone said on here that the Renault sill plates are battery operated and the battery should last 3 years. Instead of having hardwired ones  from Aliexpress do they also do battery ones? Or was the original order for hardwired and not battery?

I have looked at the Aliexpress website, but for the life of me I cannot find out how to contact them to ask about battery operated sill plate. I must be going barmy because I am even quoting myself!!!

All done with magnets eh.

Anybody spotted battery ones anywhere else?

When i was researching this before,the only other battery ones i came across other than the Osram's were by this lot.No prices on the website, so not sure if they supply to the public.I halted my pursuit when the other half expressed a certain amount of negativity about the idea..changing her mind is a work in progress ;-)

http://www.bi-automotive.co.uk/step-light/

The original order was for hardwired. Just as a personal opinion: the light is brighter, more powerful with wires than with a small battery.

P.S. I was unable to find on aliexpress battery operated sills.

when you ordered yours did your payment take long to authorize as mines been four days pending atm

It is a set of 2 but they are open to discuss for back doors sills if you give them exact dimensions and, I guess, there will be a change regarding the price.

We are talking about Daren's "project", right? He is the one with order called D*****n H. My order is the next one called M****r U. My order is still traveling from China. :)

Cheers man, I didn't ask. I was not interested since I ordered only for front doors. Maybe if somebody will discuss this he may negotiate better conditions if he will mention that we are talking about this subject on this forum and there are many potential clients. I can say that I chat a little with Fanny Fu (the seller) and she is nice and interested in a good deal.

Update: they can be wired in parallel or independently as you wish.

Update: for 4 the price is 100 usd, but those for back must be at least 38 cm for dynamic lights.

No, my friend. It was a few hours and never more than 24 hours.They accept only Visa and Mastercard personal credit cards. Check here for help.

I've had two orders refused for some reason my card won't verify which is strange