• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Kadjar Keycard drilling for keychain
2 2

39 posts in this topic

Recieved my new Kadjar yesterday and was pretty disappointed to realize there is no hole for a keychain on the Keycard.

The card itself cannot be called a "card" as it will not fit a standard wallet whatsoever.

I have seen all aftermarket solutions for pouches and covers on Ebay and Aliexpress and regret to say they all look very bad and clumsy to my opinion, while the bare card is very chic. 

I had an idea to drill a miniature hole on the edge of the panel where the PCB is and to put through it a small nylon strap that holds a ring (Like those on small flash memory drives)

Had anyone have tried this already, I would appreciate to be shared with past experience or ideas for a keyring add-on.

If you gently open back of 'keycard' as if you were replacing battery, you will find a slot to insert fine loop to use for a cord (as in type used for usb drives) then you can attach to other keys. If you look at outside of keycard a small slot is visible.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind the Kadjar key ? . Saw it on my test drive ,measured it up and thought how can I accommodate that ? . Decided on a mobile phone belt holster . No drilling , keys are still in pristine condition after 9 months ...Happy Days  :) . Of course at that time Boxer Dog and Manns hadn't gone their key holder production , otherwise I may have indulged in one of their inventive solutions 

Am I the only one that doesn't mind the Kadjar key ? . Saw it on my test drive ,measured it up and thought how can I accommodate that ? . Decided on a mobile phone belt holster . No drilling , keys are still in pristine condition after 9 months ...Happy Days :) . Of course at that time Boxer Dog and Manns hadn't gone their key holder production , otherwise I may have indulged in one of their inventive solutions

No you're not. No problem at all. Not even a need to stick in some of holder either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone come an online store that sells a thin, but strong enough metallic/wire cord that can be interested in the key card.

It's crazy, but I'm actually trying to make my new car key function as a real key... you know, one you can put on a key chain, and then put in your pocket with other keys.

Thanks

well . perhaps you should but a holder for it?

B)

A case could work, but I like the idea about not adding extra stuff to my pocket, after all, I already have this new, giant key... that's the reason I am looking for the smallest solution... a metallic/wire cord/key chain solution 

I'm hoping that when I get my Kadjar... and it's keycard next week that it just slips in a pocket and I can forget about it. I really like the quality, look and craftsmanship of boxerdogs holder's, it's just the price that puts me off a little. Though I'd definitely rather pay for a quality product rather than the cheaper looking ones I've seen. I too will probably just go down the metallic/wire cord/key chain solution.

Depends on the size of your pockets :D .. it should fit in your pocket ....maybe pop it in a small mobile phone sock to protect it ?

I found the only place for mine was in my jacket pocket.

The missus stashes hers somewhere in her cavernous handbag.

I found that trouser pockets were pretty much off the menu (especially if I wanted to sit down) what with phone and wallet already in there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember for sure as I had the demonstrator Kadjar for a week in April. Am I correct in saying that although it's not "true keyless unlocking/locking", you don't need to press the keycard buttons? and just need to be in proximity and then press the door handle button to unlock/lock? If so, then I definitely won't need a keycard holder...

Yes, it works like that. You don't need to use keycard buttons. Only door handle or trunk buttons.

A case could work, but I like the idea about not adding extra stuff to my pocket, after all, I already have this new, giant key... that's the reason I am looking for the smallest solution... a metallic/wire cord/key chain solution

You could add a carabiner to my fob holder ... Then attach to belt loop on trousers :-)