• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

passenger space on the back seats?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Hey everyone

Another question from me! i currently have a kia carens which has 3 full seats in the back. What does everyone think of the space in the rear of the kadjar? is it roomy enough for 3 booster seats? I am planning on going to have a proper look at one soon.

Thanks

I doubt you would get 3 kiddies seats in the back of the Kadjar. I would pay a visit to your local dealer and check it out for yourself.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The Kadjar is not a people carrier; there are three seats across the back, however they arent individual or as large; particularly the centre one, as what you will find in a Scenic; for example. 

It is very little wider in the back than you average hatch; Focus, Megane etc. 

3 adults will fit across the back; it will be cosy though. 

i obviously am aware that its not a people carrier. all i was curious is that the middle seat would be suitable for a child to sit in. i have 2 nearly 11 year olds in booster seats and a 5 year old in a high back booster.

According to the handbook, the middle seat is not Suitable for any type of car seat/booster. I think it's appeared on another thread, where someone had bought a kadjar, only to find out after reading the handbook, that they couldn't seat their three children! The front passenger seat may be used for certain types of car seats though.

It's worth looking at what the law states about booster seats. Weight, height and age all play a part, you may find you don't need one. I think the problem with 3 child seats across the back, is that there isn't enough room to get your hand between them to buckle/unbuckle.

arghh that's annoying seeing as its advertised as a family car. may have to wait till my 11 year olds are no longer needing booster seats.

Well, that really depends on how one defines a family car. And how big any given family is. I don’t know many families with three children or more. I don’t even know a single one. From that point of view, it is most certainly a family car. It just happens to be a poor match for families that have several children who need a car seat, based on your case that is. I don’t think it is a poor match. Have you tried compact car seats? They should be good enough of a match. Though not many boosters are quite as compact. If I may, how tall are you children and how much do they weigh? The limit for backless booster is 125 cm and 22 kg. If that is not a problem for you, the backless booster would be a good choice.

It looks like quite a small car, but in my experience, you can fit three car seats in the back seat of any family car. The trick as Karafier asserts above is to buy compact car seats and then work around with the installation. Given that it is likely that your children are of different ages, it would be best install say two seats in rear facing mode and one in front facing mode. Have the forward facing seat for the older kid in the middle and you can have more space to install the rear facing seats on either side. Installation of most seats is usually made hard by conflicting size of car seat sides with most bases typically smaller. If you can find two seats of the same base size and mix it up with another with different arm rest positioning, you can easily install the three seats in the car. Some good considerations are say the Diono Radian RXT for forward facing and the Maxi Cosi Pria for the rear facing.

I think it is not easy to adjust 3 car seats at backseat, however you can try and check the safety grow and go. If you are looking a car seat for infants that would be suitable. But if you are looking for toddlers then i think you should go with other models of safety1st. They have slim car seats for small cars. Other brands that offer best convertible car seat for small backseat are britax and Graco.